Steve47
Level 2: Rookie

My telstra.com email account has been deleted

For many years I have been using a XXXX@telstra.com email account. Today (22/9/17) it has been disabled.

When I rang the help desk, they said my email address was ... xxxx@bigpond.net.au.  (news to me)

When I set this up it sort of works,,

it can send out OK but there seems to be a re-direction in place pointing to xxxx@telstra.com for all incoming mail so that bounces (cause Telstra.com is disabled)

How can I get my xxxx@telstra.com mail account back?   it is where every one sends emails to for me...

Is there someone in Telstra who knows what is going on and has the power to fix it?

Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Steve47

Re: My telstra.com email account has been deleted

I have removed the redirection, so emails now come and go to the new account 😞
Steve
Steve47

The result of another support call... (a different person may know more... or less!!?)
Apparently Telstra emailed me ages ago that my accounts would be migrated and I was supposed to tell them I wantedthe telstra.com account to be migrated??? (only email I got said that accounts were to be progressively migrated, that I did not have to do anything, things would just work, and they would send more emails as my migration happened) ... I have not had any more emails.!
Anyway the Telstra help guy said that he would prioritise my migration... it would take 2 to 5 working days and that was the best he could do. (he gave me another ticket no).
So I am still without my email account (which is somewhere on a server ... Inactive..
I hate to think of all the emails not getting to me, just bouncing back to senders... I guess I will not be paying any bills this week!
Steve
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Steve47,

From what you describe, it sounds like the mailbox may have been suspended if we believe that your mailbox has been compromised. If it was for any other reason, I would expect your other mailbox to also be unavailable for you. 

Because of this, I would strongly urge you to update your security software and update all devices that access your mailbox and when you receive a new password from Tech Support, make sure that you DO NOT change the password back to anything similar to your previous passwords. Make sure it is something completely different and as long as you can do comfortably.

I would also suggest changing the passwords to any other services that you have linked to that mailbox as they may also have been compromised as a result. This is because they would have access to your mailbox. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit