Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Need for detailed understanding of migration process for someone who is not coming from Outlook.com

I happily use MS Office 2010 Outlook and Bigpond webmail at present.  I have no interest in seeing email on my mobile phone but I do look up e-mail on my secondary computers using either Webmail or MS Outlook with settings which do not prevent my dealing finally with every incoming message on my main computer. 

I will be able to follow the published instructions for setting up the new account when needed. 

But I have no understanding of how the migration to Telstra Mail will affect past messages stored iny pst files and folders. 

I have no understanding of whether I will in future be able to store messages on my computer (or are they only in the cloud?)

If I reply to mail on a computer other than my main computer, I assume that the reply will now be automatically synced to the Sent folder of my main computer - potentially an advantage. 

Friends who have migrated tell horror stories of loss of past messages from their computers, the loss of folders and the need to delete historical copies of thousands of formerly deleted messages re-sent multiple times by Telstra.

When printed on A4 (in colour), most of the 4 page user guide is set in a font that is way too small for convenient reading and the icons are likewise too small.  The user guide does not help me to understand the issues I have raised above.  Telstra is not handling this transition well.

Please advise in detail regarding the matters raised in the above paragraphs.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: Need for detailed understanding of migration process for someone who is not coming from Outlook.

CM - Another post re lost emails and folders as a direct result of migration and conversion.  What are you doing about this problem have you followed up with internal technical support to provide some assistance.  Need your prompt post on this problem without delay, not the usual, click, flick and forget outcome.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Need for detailed understanding of migration process for someone who is not coming from Outlook.

A friend who did come to Telstra Mail (TM) via Outlook.com and whose mail was royally messed up at the time of his migration to TM arose this morning to find that his Sent box is now empty and that his Inbox has been re-populated by 82,443 messages. 

Telstra should cease the migration process until such intolerable unreliability has been eliminated from its system.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit