JKnwls
Level 1: Cadet

Need to reset password for mail.bigpond.com server

This morning I accidentally deleted my email account from Windows Live 2011 while vacuuming the keyboard!! After reinstating the account, the server wont let me send or receive emails because I have entered the incorrect password (but cant remember what it is anyway). I tried to have it reset, but ended up being sent an SMS message with the correct password for our Telstra account (not the password that the server wants obviously). So...over to you crowd support and thanks in advance 🙂

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Tezz
Level 20: Director

Re: Need to reset password for mail.bigpond.com server

Hi, JKnwls,

You may reset/recover your BigPond mail password HERE. If this fails just call BigPond Customer service on 13 76 63.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
JKnwls

Thanks so much for your reply Tezz but I just followed your HERE link and it took me to the same place I went yesterday and I ended up being sent the same password by SMS which I believe is for our Bigpond or Telstra account.

On Windows Live 2011 my husbands email address is unaffected by this problem and is happily receiving and sending emails, but my attempt leads to the copied prompt below:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Bigpond (theknowles) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR invalid user name or password.
Server: 'mail.bigpond.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Thanks in advance for your help and where to next....?

PS I had no idea how fabulous Crowdsupport is...so far...go to sleep with a question, get out of bed with an answer!!

Tezz

Hi, JKnwls,

Sorry to read the method I suggested was of no use. Are you able to log in via webmail HERE by any chance?

I'd suggest calling  BigPond Customer service: 13 76 63 or Technical support: 13 39 33.

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
JKnwls

Final word on this saga is I've given up on Windows Live Mail 2011 and just accepted that Webmail is my new portal (which I can access freely).

Through the Windows support site, I tried to reset my password (wouldnt let me) and after requesting a new password, a prompt directed me to Telstra or Bigpond.

Thanks for your help anyway...much appreciated.

Tezz

My pleasure.

When all else fails, just stick to good ol' reliable webmail. :incoming_envelope: Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

chrisv53

My bigpond account worked fine until this evening - on both my computer and mobile. The username and password is not recognised. I got an SMS from Telstra confirming my password. So nothing has changed from my end whatsoever.

I think it may be related to the discontinuance of dialup as I wanted to retain my bigpond email account even though I don't use dialup.

Been on the chat queue to Telstra for an hour or so and am 19th in the queue. Pretty disgraceful service Telstra !!

Just fix your problems or at least pay people to man your support desk - God knows they could use the work and would have bugger all impact on your $billions in profit. "Customers are our No,1 priority" - yeah sure.

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Chrisv,

Sorry to hear your emails went down. From what you've advised it could be due to the recent change in your dialup, but we'd need to confirm this. Hopefully you got through to someone that can help 🙂

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

chrisv53

Yes after nearly 3 hours I got through. The operator was very nice but got more and more frustrated when he/she kept checking the settings (which were correct) and could not understand why they were not working. I was finally told that the problem must be with my ISP (TPG). I pointed oiut that my email worked for years on both my computer and mobile (Optus). Now both no longer work so I find it hard to believe it is a problem with my ISP. The only thing I can think of that has changed is the termination of Bigpond dialup and we were all assured that our emails would noyt change and that we would see no disruption to our service.

Anyway the operator disconnected our session without so much as giving me the courtesy of saying that he could not help - i.e they just hung up on me! It was about 1:30am by this stage and I had had enough.

I am now telling my friends and colleagues to look for the best deal they can get and not get sucked in by Telstra's supposed wonderful level of service and coverage crap.

They only pay lip service to their customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit