anothernewuser
Level 1: Cadet

new email account won't accept password

Hi

I've just got my new Telstra broadband set up.  Internet access is fine but I am having problems with email.  I can send emails but cannot receive any.  When I try to 'get mail' I am asked for my password.  I put in the password I was given but it says the pop server rejected it.  It's weird because it is the password Telstra gave me and the password I used when setting up the gateway.

If I go into preferences and change my password, I get the warning "After changing your password below you will also need to update your password for your Internet connection and email client settings"  There is a link to an explanation but I cannot access the link.  

Should I change my password to get into my mail?

If it change my password how do I change it for my internet connection and email client setting?

Please help this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: new email account won't accept password

Take a look here and see if this helps you:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Problems-with-sending-or-receiv...

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dianne8
Level 1: Cadet

not a new account just wont accept password

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi dianne8

Where are you trying to enter your password?
Into a Telstra website, or an email client?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit