Perrychef
Level 5: Eagle Eye

No e-mail Names & Addresses

G'day, Until today when I clicked on the tab to see my contacts.  They would show up with their e-mail addresses. For some reason today, none are shown.  Please could somebody tell me what I need to do to get them back.  Cheers Perry

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No e-mail Names & Addresses

I don't use the Windows 10 Native Mail/Contacts app.. 

When did it last work?

What has happened to your system since then - updates? added users, accounts etc.?

Click on the Settings(Gear Wheel) and Filter (Funnel shape) and see if there are options there to choose what to display, which account and the like..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

There may be a problem with the CardDAV functionality on the server that is stopping the contacts from appearing.

There was a similar problem with someone trying to use their Calendar and the CalDAV function wasn't working.

There is no known fix at this stage. I suspect it needs to be a fix applied to the server.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Perrychef

G'day Stevo 52,

As far as I know, I have not changed anything.  The update is done automatically. I clicked on the gear wheel Settings and could not find the Filter Funnel shape.

I would appreciate more help, please.

Perry 

Perrychef

Hi again Stevo,

Disregard my last message.  I was looking in the wrong places.  I have found the filter and now I have all my contacts back.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers Perry

SteveW_52

Glad that worked..

Your problems seem to be more with Windows 10 than Telstra equipment..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit