Happyman1
Level 1: Cadet

No new mailboxes allowed?

I have a Broadband account with 3 mailboxes, I tried to add a forth as per the Telstra Web instructions..Kept saying nope....Call support and after several minutes of them trying they then advised that Telstra is no longer adding mailboxes as they are moving away from BIGPOND??

Has anyone heard the same? I asked where they were going and why weren't the customers advised he said sorry no idea?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No new mailboxes allowed?

I haven't heard anything about no longer supporting additional email addresses officially but have have been expecting this to happen. Telstra no longer advertises a email address as part of new fixed line internet accounts. With all the free non ISP email options available there is no longer any need for a ISP email address.

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Happyman1 

And to add further to what @cf4 has said. It's better to have an email address that follows you no matter what internet provider you are with. So now would be the time to look into this.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
abthomp
Level 14: Field Agent

It would be nice if Telstra can put a timeline on when Bigpond e-mail addresses are no longer going to be supported but I guess that would require someone in Telstra to care about customers.

Ozmoz

@abthomp wrote:

It would be nice if Telstra can put a timeline on when Bigpond e-mail addresses are no longer going to be supported but I guess that would require someone in Telstra to care about customers.

Hi @abthomp 

I'm sure they will if they decide that, as they do when discontinuing any product.

I only ever used the Bigpond email address for communication with Telstra and myself. I never passed that on to anyone.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Fasuda
Level 2: Rookie

I just hear about this too, 3 days ago.  where can i find the telstra announcement and policy? do you know?  The portal to manage mailboxes no  longer works in your 'mytelstra" profile area.

Do you think they will let people make aliases of their email addresses? I have had my same email address for 20 years. I am very sad that I might lose it.

f

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Regarding Telstra’s “policy”, read the Our Customer Terms document that I referred to in my post in the thread https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/telstra-mail/telstra-bigpond-mailboxes/td-p/928657

The policy stops the creation of new Telstra Mail email addresses.

Current email addresses will be maintained under the conditions in the Our Customer Terms document.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit