Level 2: Rookie

Outgoing emails using internet provider other than Telstra

Answered

Recently changed internet provider - no longer with Telstra - but have a bigpond email. I can receive incoming emails but can no longer send emails. Can anyone tell me if I need to change settings or what I need to do to send emails - I can follow instructions but dont have an understanding of what the actual problem here is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Outgoing emails using internet provider other than Telstra

Thanks - I found another thread by an Optus user with a bigpond email address which I followed and it resolved my issue. Have been trying to resolve this issue for 4 hours and within minutes of being on Crowd Support I had an answer.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, are you using your phone or laptop/desktop connected to your internet? If phone, what client are you using? Gmail and others use original provider settings that you may have to change on your phone if you are not sure how to do it. Try using a browser on a laptop/desktop to see if you can send emails from there are you just log in to bigpond. Let me know which is the problem I might have a solution to both. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Thanks - I found another thread by an Optus user with a bigpond email address which I followed and it resolved my issue. Have been trying to resolve this issue for 4 hours and within minutes of being on Crowd Support I had an answer.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit