crazyhor77
Level 2: Rookie

Outgoing SMTP Mail Server blocking Emails

Hi,

I am hosting a business website with Arvixe in America.  A client has recently noticed some emails not coming through, I have investigated the problem with my client and hosting provider.  Emails always come through from other senders, only the same few people have emails blocked.  One of these users use the Tesltra Business Mail smtp server.  From my investigation it appears the Telstra business server is responsible for the emails disappearing.

No bounce back message is received.  Arvixe have confirmed there are no entries in their mail server log files for the respective email addresses, meaning the emails are disappearing before being received by their server.

I need to have it confirmed that the telstra smtp server is receiving these emails and whether or not they are being blocked or forwarded to further diagnose the problem.

The domain being hosted by Arvixe is botanicanurseries.com.au and here are some date stamps on emails that were sent, but never received:

29/4/14 @ 11.24am
22/4/14 @ 11.36am

22/4/14 @ 11.36am
22/4/14 @ 11.31am
30/4/14 @ 2.47pm
26/2/14 @ 2.33pm

12/4/14 @ 12.25pm
9/4/14 @ 3.28pm

30/4/14 @ 2.47pm
26/2/14 @ 2.33pm

9/4/14 @ 2.58pm

30/4/14 @ 2.47pm
26/2/14 @ 2.33pm

30/4/14 @ 2.47pm
26/2/14 @ 2.33pm

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
crazyhor77

Re: Outgoing SMTP Mail Server blocking Emails

Have I posted this in the right area, is there a better way to get support?

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

This forum is primarily a way for Telstra customers to work as a community to share ideas however we do jump in to help as well.

As this is a technical issue, it is best answered by one of our tech team on here, who will be back in tomorrow. I will pass this on to them.

For a more immediate response, you can reach our Business Support team on 132999 from within Australia. Or +61 2 9242 0570 from outside Australia.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

crazyhor77

I didn't hear anything back today, what kind of response time should I be expecting?

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry about that, I will chase it up for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

crazyhor77

Well, this is getting ridiculous.  I have to get this sorted and I'm just getting no response at all apart from being told I will get a response.

Please someone verify the above emails hit the Telstra smtp server and let me know what the log files say.  Hell, even give me the log files and I will look through it myself.

Just something, anything!!!

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Crazyhor77,

I don't have the answers right this moment, but I am working on getting some details for you.

In the mean time, I am going to send you a private message shortly with a link where you can provide some further details.

- Shelly

crazyhor77

I have filled out the form, I look forward to some information.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I will let you know when I have any updates.

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit