Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Outgoing SMTP Mail Server

Morning 

I have just cancelled my telstra home phone and internet because of relcoation. 

Telstra sayed my bigpond account would continue for the next 6-12 months. 

This is the fault below, I am recieving messages but unable to send. Any avise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.bigpond.com timed out. Try again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Outgoing SMTP Mail Server

Hi Mark581,

Some customers may be having difficulties accessing Telstra Mail. We are working to fix this ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Georgie  

Could you let me know when its fixed please  

I take it you work for Telstra  

Merry Christmas Mark  

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Mark581, welcome to CrowdSupport.

In all honesty, you will likely see it is working again before we are notified that it has been resolved, to then notify you of the same. I apologise for the frustration, we appreciate the well wishes and hope you are having a great Christmas yourself.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit