teddyboy2014
Level 6: Bloodhound

Outlook email data files

Telstra fixed (?)  my data files in Outlook, but when i go into Data files, it shows TWO files. The default file has (1.) pst after the email sdd, the other does not. Which one to I delete to stop two accounts showing on my outlook. Telstra configerated this in their so called fix, but say they are not allowed to fix the error?????

Edward Biggs

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Outlook email data files

Hello,

We get so many different Outlook questions, it's amazing.

I am unable to give you an answer as their Microsoft outsourced email has changed again in the last two weeks, and there is a mixture of Live and Hotmail in the cauldron. The manifestations of BigPond Outlook is mind boggling.

What I can tell you is that your life would be much simpler and better with gmail.

Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Nick_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Teddyboy2014,

Our Support staff are correct in referring you to our Telstra Platinum team, this is outside of our normal support scope. .PST files are outlooks all in one data storage file which contain everything; All folders and contents, calender content, contacts and more. Deleting the wrong one could result in you losing all data permanently. I'd recommend having a look at some Microsoft support forums to gain an understanding on how outlook stores your data.

Nick 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

teddyboy2014
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thanks Nic

I have TWO files because of a Telsytra fix????

This happened before AND THEY FIXED IT. They deleted one file, and i think it is the pst 1 one

This is not a difficult request???

Edward Biggs
Nick_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Teddyboy2014,

From my seat, it's a little difficult to say which one. If you take a look at the screen shot example below, you will see that two accounts are set-up. When highlighting each account, it shows which .PST file it is saving your data to. Check each of your accounts and note which .pst file they save to. Decide which account you want to keep, then you will know which .pst file you can delete. 

If you want both accounts to save into one .pst file, select the 'change folder' option and select your desired .pst file. Before you remove the old .pst file, you might like to transfer any content you wish to keep into your inbox that you're keeping.

Nick

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit