sabius
Level 2: Rookie

Outlook Mac sent address for alternate email accounts remains @bigpond.com instead of @domain.com

Answered

First of all I have had so much trouble setting up this new Gateway service with Telstra I'm literally about to pull my hair out.

Regardless of that, here is my issue.

I have used Thunderbird for my emails since 2008 and have had no issues up until now. I can send emails with no signature through @bigpond.com outgoing mailserver with my @domain.com email but I cannot attach a file or use a html email signature.

So, I've tried to migrate to Outlook (mac) 2011, which bigpond supports.

Here lies the problem. When sending emails under my @domain.com through the required smtp.live.com it sends fine but the from address comes up as my wifes name@bigpond.com and there is no way I can change it!!!

I'm literally at my wits end! Is there another email program that Bigpond supports or do I just have no choice anymore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabius
Accepted Solution

Re: Outlook Mac sent address for alternate email accounts remains @bigpond.com instead of @domain.co

I have recently solved this issue by going to the cloud. Unfortunately I will have to retain my Thunderbird as an 'archive' account and refer to it with my old emails BUT I have now moved all my email accounts under @domain.com onto gmail.

There was a nifty little app that cost only $1.99 through the appstore called MAILTAB PRO FOR GMAIL which allows you to access, send/receive email without the use of a browser.

In a positive outcome for this too, my email is now on the cloud and accessable from anywhere in the world. I have also a Google Drive account too which stores alot of my backups, which I can utalise through any device (phone, tablet) which allows me to send anything on the cloud through my gmail using the @mydomain.com account emails.

hope this helps anyone in the future.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
sabius
Accepted Solution

Re: Outlook Mac sent address for alternate email accounts remains @bigpond.com instead of @domain.co

I have recently solved this issue by going to the cloud. Unfortunately I will have to retain my Thunderbird as an 'archive' account and refer to it with my old emails BUT I have now moved all my email accounts under @domain.com onto gmail.

There was a nifty little app that cost only $1.99 through the appstore called MAILTAB PRO FOR GMAIL which allows you to access, send/receive email without the use of a browser.

In a positive outcome for this too, my email is now on the cloud and accessable from anywhere in the world. I have also a Google Drive account too which stores alot of my backups, which I can utalise through any device (phone, tablet) which allows me to send anything on the cloud through my gmail using the @mydomain.com account emails.

hope this helps anyone in the future.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit