CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Outlook UID Error has Returned

A couple of weeks ago I reported an error in this thread: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email/Outlook-2010-Error-msg-UID-Does-...

Shelly managed to fix the error at the time but it has since returned (or perhaps it's something similar):

<image removed to comply with community guidelines - message said: 

Your server reported a UID that does not comply with IMAP standard. This typically indicate a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this

Error code: 0x800CCCDC >

Here is what happens. I noticed that messages are arriving in my webmail inbox but are not being synchronised into Outlook 2010. To trigger the sync, I discovered I can go into the Outlook account settings, open the email account settings and press the Test Account Settings button. This causes the above error message but the inbox messages immediately download into Outlook.

Can you please help?

Many thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Outlook UID Error has Returned

Hi map_856,

Can you please try removing the current IMAP account on your Outlook 2010 program and create a new one. Then test again and see if the issue returns.

I've had to remove the image you posted as it contained personal information. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Kenobi,

I've created a new account as suggested. The error message seems to have stopped for now but unfortunately, so has synchronisation with Outlook. The last email synchronised to my Outlook inbox was from 6:44pm yesterday. I can see at least five emails in my webmail inbox that arrived since then and have not synchronised to the Outlook mailbox.

Can you please advise further?

Many thanks.

Martin

Highlighted

Oops! Spoke too soon. The remaining inbox messages have just synchronised but now when I tried to open one of them the UID error message popped up again. So, it would seem that removing the account and creating a new one has not made any difference.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you confirm if you have this same issue when using an alternate email program or if you have configured Outlook on an alternate device? 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Shelly,

I have not configured Outlook on an alternate device but I do have both my bigpond.com and bigpond.net.au email accounts set up in Mail on my iPhone and iPad.

The error is not coming up as freqently but still happens about once or twice a day. I have both my email accounts set up in Outlook and it only appears to be happening on the bigpond.com account.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Martin

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Do you only experience the error when using Outlook for your @bigpond.com account, or do you also have the same error when using Mail on your iPhone/iPad?

- Shelly

Highlighted

Hi Shelly,

I only get the error in Outlook.

I share my computer with my wife. The error usually happens after I log out, my wife logs in, then after she logs out I log back in again. It's after this second login that the error tends to come up. And only for the bigpond.com account.

Martin

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Does a restart of the computer resolve the issue after the the second login?  

- Shelly

Highlighted

I have never tried that. I usually just close the error message and just keep going. It doesn't keep popping up.

However, I suspect that if I did reboot, it would work normally - i.e. that's what happens when I log in every morning.

Martin

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Does your wife access Outlook when she uses it and does it also have that one BigPond mailbox configured?  A web search indicates that you can get this message in Outlook when there are multiple instances accessing that account. 

I believe what you are experiencing is related to Outlook & the computer rather than the BigPond mailbox. 

Some versions of Windows will link a mailbox to the user details. 

- Shelly

Highlighted

My wife uses Gmail so never uses Outlook directly.

However, her Gmail account is set up to read the bigpond.net.au mailbox. This is the account that does not come up with an error anyway.

I would have thought that if the error is due to Outlook or the computer, then my bigpond.net.au would also experience the same issue.

Regards,

Martin

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If it was an issue with the mailbox, I would expect for you to have the same experience regardless of which app or device that you accessed the emails from.

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit