Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

photos sent receives upside down

Answered

When I copy new photo into my email attachment box it ends up upside down and when received at the other email address ,when opened it is upside down. any advice on how to fix the problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: photos sent receives upside down

Open it in your photo editing software and rotate it so that it is the right way up and then resave the file (using saveas and making a new copy sometimes works better). Then insert it into your email.

If you look at the thumbnails in file explorer and the image is the right way up there, then it should be the right way up in reality.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Open it in your photo editing software and rotate it so that it is the right way up and then resave the file (using saveas and making a new copy sometimes works better). Then insert it into your email.

If you look at the thumbnails in file explorer and the image is the right way up there, then it should be the right way up in reality.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 2: Rookie

Upside down photos in email are very common if someone takes photos on an iPhone and send to Windows peeps. Its to do with the way the iPhone default camera app saves the photo information.

I use Android & Windows 10 but alot of my friends who use iPhones & Mac send me photos where some of photos are upside down when received in my email program.

So when i get them before emailing them to anyone (even if they are up the right way), i open them in the Photos app in Win 10 and rotate them and re save them again in .jpg or .png. I can then safely send them in email the right way up no matter if the receiver is pc or mac.

Note:- iPhone users can also use a dedicated pro camera app such as Camera+ to fix the problem. Unlike the iPhone’s native camera app, Camera+ actually recodes all your photos into the correct orientation. So no more issues when sending pics to Windows users.

@oldboy2 wrote:

When I copy new photo into my email attachment box it ends up upside down and when received at the other email address ,when opened it is upside down. any advice on how to fix the problem.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit