Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

POP3 to IMAP migration - Where am I?

I seem to have fallen foul of Telstra's 'migration' from POP3 to IMAP for Bigpond mail accounts. Late last year (2016) I received frequent messages that the move was imminent but it seemed constantly to be postponed. Now I have no idea whether I'm on POP3 or IMAP but what I do know is I can't log in to my Bigpond account on a new iPad.

There was at one time a link on the Telstra site that enabled you to check if you were on POP3 or IMAP but that now appears, conveniently, to have vanished. Thanks Telstra!

Can anyone advise how I can discover the status of my Bigpond account?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: POP3 to IMAP migration - Where am I?

I believe this query is related the outage yesterday where some customers may have had difficulties accessing Telstra Mail yesterday morning. This is now resolved and emails were delivered progressively that afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I received a short burst of emails after Thursday's outage on Friday, but nothing since. This problem is still ongoing Telstra.

4207 Bahrs Scrub

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can confirm that there is an outage listed for Emails, we are working to resolve this issue and I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Have you tried checking webmail?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit