Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Remove name from Alias email on outook.com

I have recently edited my profie on outlook.com. My name now appears on the top right hand side instead of my email address when I am checking my emails. When I went to send an email and choose my alias, my name had been added there. I do not want my name shown on this alias as I use this alias for mainly business or more formal letters and I only want my alias email address provided, as I sometimes send things on my husbands behalf so don't want my name appearing on the email. When I tried to edit both to remove my name in the my profile section it will not let me as it wants a christian and surname provided. I don't mind changing it just to a surname, therefore covering myself and my husband but it will not let me. Help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Remove name from Alias email on outook.com

I've just had a go at this myself and it appears you are right, I can't find a way to have a blank first name. I tired using a space but outlook.com was too smart for that =(

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 1: Cadet

Re: Remove name from Alias email on outook.com

thedylan, Thanks for trying. je

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit