MrsMack1
Level 1: Cadet

Retaining email address and cancelling Bigpond ADSL service?

Answered

Hello,

I have recently changed providers for internet. I am wishing to retain my bigpond address. How can I do this?

I understood that it was provided free for the first 12 months, then an annual fee after that.

Can you please confirm.

Thanking you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Retaining email address and cancelling Bigpond ADSL service?

Yes that is correct.  You can find the information here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email-KB/Important-changes-to-some-Tel...

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Yes that is correct.  You can find the information here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email-KB/Important-changes-to-some-Tel...

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

DebStar23
Level 1: Cadet

Morning,

Is this service still free for the first 12 months?

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @DebStar23,

Yes that is the case, the information I have here says:

Paid Email

• Receive the first 12 months at no charge then pay the standard $79 renewal fee (per mailbox, per year)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Maija
Level 2: Rookie

I have home ph. Internet and 2 mobiles on plan, retained mobiles with telstra and moved the rest to other provider. Was told before doing this that I could keep email as I had the mobile phone services. This made fence as I had a Vodafone mobile in past with a Vodafone email thrown in. My question was on record and they admitted to telling me so when my email was cancelled I was able to get it back free of charge because it was recorded telstra told me that or because I have mobiles with them. I'd like to know which one is the true answer.
Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Maija

Very sorry to read that your email address was disconnected in error.

As you have Telstra mobiles you are able to keep your Telstra email address on your account at no charge.

If you contact the disconnections team on 13 22 00 and say "disconnect" at the prompts they should be able to reactivate the email address in question at no charge.

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit