Qqqqqq
Level 1: Cadet

Set up bigpond email on IPad

Hi,

I have recently set up a second email account and would like to set it up on my iPad.  I have requested that Telstra set it up as an Outlook.com account and received the set up information.  I have entered this into the settings in my iPad however i keep receiving the error message "Cannot Get Mail.  The mail server "imap-mail.outlook.com" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings".  I have checked and rechecked that the information is in fact correct as received from Telstra:

Account Type:  IMAP

Incoming IMAP server:  imap-mail.outlook.com

Incoming IMAP mail:  port 993

Outgoing SMTP server:  smtp-mail.outlook.com

Outgoing SMTP port:  587

Incoming uses SSL:  ON

Outgoing uses SSL:  ON

Authentication Outgoing server (SMTP) authentication:  Same as incoming mail server

This has been an issue with our primary email account as well - is it possible to check our email account settings?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Set up bigpond email on IPad

Hey Qqqqqq,

Have you tried the POP3 option at all, the settings are in the middle of this table. Thanks Qqqqqq.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

norroclan

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi norroclan, 

Were you having trouble with setting up BigPond email on your iPad? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mara-Sydney

I am pulling my hair out trying to get the new Outlook.com meail working on an iPad & iPhone

Have tried the pop3.live.com

Have tried the manual IMAP

Cannot even get Google to download from the account!

Seriously Bigpond this is a joke

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mara,

There is actually a really simple way of doing this. Instead of selecting 'other' in the setup, select the Hotmail/Outlook one. All you'll need to do is place your username and password in and it should work!

Brodie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit