Desperanza
Level 3: Gumshoe

Setting up a second email account

Answered

I'd love to follow these instructions to set up a second email account:

But when I follow the link to the My Account page there is no existing mailbox attached to the account (to any of our accounts: Broadband Mobile, 2 mobile phones). So I can't select a mailbox and I can't click on a Manage button or do anything else.

Following the various Troubleshooting links I discovered that we had a couple of old inactive email accounts (I thought Telstra had removed them years ago) so I decided to see what would happen if I reactivated one of these. But the mailbox this set up for the online WebMail page simply duplicated everything in the existing email account.

Can somebody tell me how to find a different pathway to setting up a new mailbox or how to separate the revived email account from the main email account so that we can use it for separate purposes?

Any/all suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up a second email account

Telstra Mail is only included with a Home Broadband service (and not for any new service after since 29th September 2020).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Telstra Mail is only included with a Home Broadband service (and not for any new service after since 29th September 2020).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Desperanza
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for the reply, although I'm a bit confused because we continue to have access to Telstra Mail with our Mobile Broadband service.

It's good of Telstra to update their guidelines for 'additional mailboxes' to reflect a change that's been in place for nearly 6 months. It might have saved me going round in circles for an afternoon. All I have to worry about now is when we'll be told that our mailbox has ceased to exist.

Still, we could be with Optus ...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit