Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
setting up bigpond email on w10 PC without synchronising thousands of messages
I have Outlook 2007 on PC and use webmail on laptop . Both have W10. I want to keep my old emails but stop synchronsing all cos more than 2,500 in inbox which makes it too slow for webmail. Seems like I have to use IMAP. HELP!!
- 0 Likes
- 242 Views
- 1 Reply
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
Re: setting up bigpond email on w10 PC without synchronising thousands of messages
One way of over coming this problem is to use POP3 instead of IMAP.
Set up a new email account on both PCs
- Choose Manual when setting up account.
- Select Internet Email
- Enter Name and Email Address
- Select POP3 as Account Type
- Enter pop.telstra.com as incoming server.
- Enter smtp.telstra.com as outgoing server
- Full email address as user ID
- Tick remember password and require logon using secure password authentication (SPA)
- Click on more settings.
- Click on Advanced Tab and set up as per image below.
Click on Ok
Outlook will test connection and begin downloading all mail from servers inbox.
If you don't want a copy to be saved on the server once all messages have downloaded on both PCs can remove a tick from leave copy on server or tick remove from server after x days.
The old email accounts can then be deleted.
- 0 Likes
- 0 Replies