rainley
Level 1: Cadet

Spam messages from Big Pond accounts

Hi, I've been getting a number of spam messages supposedly from Big Pond accounts. This is what they say:

"This mail was send by Bigpond Admin Center to notify you that we have temporally prevented access to your account because We noticed a login attempt to your account from an unrecognized device.

We have reasons to believe that your Bigpond webmail account may have been accessed by someone else and it was for illegal activities. Please run this file and Follow instructions:

You are to send Bigpond Admin Center the information below otherwise we shall block this account permanently, you must reply to this email immediately and enter your details below.

Name:

User Name:

Password:

Reconfirm Password:

Note that if we do not receive your reply in the next 24hrs we shall deactivate this account.

"Bigpond Admin Support Team"

Copyright © Bigpond Admin 2014 All Rights Reserved."

They are obviously fake so I want to do 2 things. Notify Big Pond of the spam scheme and also to check my spam filter settings so I can screen the spam out at the source BEFORE it gets downloaded. I know I can do this in Outlook but I used to be able to do it though Big Pond too.  I think I paid an extra $2 a month for the service but that was a long time ago. I can't find anything about this on the current site.

On the reporting side, there used to be an email address that we could forward this type of spam to. ie messages that look like they have come from Big Pond. Does anyone know where I can forward these emails to now?  Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Spam messages from Big Pond accounts

Hi Rainley.

I can confirm that this is a scam email, these are quite common at the moment. You can report the details here: https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/surveys/Report_misuse_of_service

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rainley
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Scott,
I'll do that.

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No problems!

Cheers.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit