jode73
Level 2: Rookie

Still not receiving emails

Since changing me over to the new system i have been unable to recieve emails - so damn frustrating. Get on to Telstra support and get the usual - we're working on it.

Well working on it is not good enough - i need my emails please!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Still not receiving emails

I suspect you may have been affected by an outage, but if you are still experiencing difficulties please provide some more information about how you are accessing your emails (email app or webmail), if you have tried accessing your emails via a different browser/device/service.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jode73

It's not to do with an outage. I've tried the links supplied to me by telsta, I've tried the app, tried the net (chrome and explorer) I've tried mobile phone and the Telstra 24/7 app .... You tell me why it won't work .... I'm having to forward emails to another provider to get them!!!

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jode73,

When you are attempting to retrieve your emails on a device or through an app like Outlook, are you using the settings available here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jode73

Done all that. Nothing works. Getting fed up with it all
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi jode73, 

Have you been able to test your Webmail? 

Can log in here:  http://tel.st/h3xe

jode73

I click on the link, login and get this message:

An unrecognized error was returned from the mail system. Please try again later.

That's been happening for almost 2 weeks. I need this fixed - I'm paying for a service that i am not receiving!

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The link that Ivan provided previously is only for customers who are still on the original BigPond mail platform. Can you try https://email.telstra.com and let me know how you go?

- Shelly

jode73

Nope. That does not work either. Not on my phone ipad or computer. This needs to be fixed and i expect a credit on my account for the period I've been unable to use my email
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi jode73,

If you are still not able to access via Webmail, and Tech Support have not been able to resolve this for you, a formal complaint can be lodged so that a Complaint Case Manager can assist. 

Details on how to lodge can be found here: Lodging a complaint with Telstra

Online option will save you needing to call or use Live Chat. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit