Ludford
Level 2: Rookie

Suspended email account

My email service stopped working 4 days ago. Apparently it has been "suspended" for some reason. No notification or warning. Trouble shooting has been a "learning experience" and still not resolved after numerous calls an sms service attempts. Does anyone know how long this will take to resolve? or is it just easier to change service provider? I can't help shaking my head over this and the convoluted process to try and get it fixed. I've had no previous issues with the ~20 yo email address.

Will the cause for the problem ever be revealed? Appreciate any response.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Suspended email account

Your server may be offline for maintenance. Have you tried logging in through the webmail interface (https://email.telstra.com)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ludford

Hi Jupiter, thx

Yes, tried the webmail interface, which was where it became apparent that the service had been suspended. I normally use an ios device or ms outlook as email client which obviously failed to work but indicated that it was a username/password problem and got me on the wrong track for a while.  Still unresolved as I type, an independent email service now looking like the best solution.

Ludford

Finall resolved, after 6 days the service has been restored.  Fixed via the help message service (not member Codi)  It's possible the problem was prompted by me configuring an email client (MS Outlook2010) on a new laptop and having a couple of attempts at the email account level password?  Some sort of security level type glitch? The  email service was restored with the Telstra 24x7 Accout level password.  Can definitelly sympathise with people who have this issue on work critical accounts or while overseas.  Have set up an independant email service as backup on my ios & ms devices in case it happens again.

The main reason I have stayed with Telstra over the years has been the stability and reliability of their services. Hopefully this incident is an abberation.

It sure makes you realise how much you depend on email for billing, invoicing, id verification etc - "you never miss your water until the well runs dry"

Bogpond1
Level 1: Cadet

This has happened twice to me in the past which makes it 3 times as of today. It takes ages for them to fix and they feed you a load of different 'reasons'. I have had enough. I will struggle through this final time to have it fixed before rolling over to my own domain - which I set up a few months ago. I would suggest changing service provider. Apparently I was getting suspicious emails and spam and I agree with you, some form of notice would have been basic courtesy. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit