Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Switching personal domain name through Telstra to Outlook.Com feature

This may be a very confusing request... 

I work for a small company, we have a Telstra Bigpond Account which is host to not only an @bigpond.com email address, but through this address we have multiple office email addresses with end with our own domain name, i.e. [employee name]@[companyname].com.au. 

In particular, we have a general admin@[companyname].com.au address which is used across three different computers for recieving and sending client emails. 

Previously only one person used this account, but as our administration team has increased, we would like the others to be able to access it off their computers. 

The issue that has arisen, is that this account is a PoP account and therefore if one person deals with an email on one computer this isn't reflected on the other computers, therefore work is often being duplicated.

The obvious solution would be to use an IMAP account, however, Telstra a) doesn't currently support an IMAP format, and b) while they originally migrated a number of accounts (including our @bigpond.com) to the new outlook.com platform that does support IMAP, our office accounts (created through the '14 additional email' tabs) haven't be migrated. 

Is there a way to migrate them/ change them? 

Please help! I have given up on using the 24x7 chat who know nothing and seem to wilfully misunderstand my request, I have lost days to the phone tech support. My will to live is ebbing away. The word 'Telstra' makes me tense. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Switching personal domain name through Telstra to Outlook.Com feature

I apologise for the delayed response, have you been able to get this issue resolved?  - Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

It has been resolved in the sense that I was told that it can't be done. 

It has not been resolved in the sense that no further solutions or options have been offered.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you looked into the options available for business grade services offered by Telstra such as Telstra Internet Direct or Digital Office Technology?  This userguide provides information about managing the mailboxes for Telstra Internet Direct services and on page 7 it provides information on the different types of mailboxes that can be created.

You can find out more about the services available for businesses on http://telstra.com.au or by contacting our Sales team on 132 000. Live Chat is also available using this link:  http://tel.st/e3xp

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit