Inspector
Level 5: Eagle Eye

TELSTRA AND BIGPOND EMAILS

Answered

I have usually logged into my email address ******@bigpond.com through a Big Pond login page.  Yesterday I logged into my Telstra  account and then attempted to log in to "Webmail" which I assumed would take me to my Big Pond email account.  I received an error message saying that the account had been suspended for lack of use and/or suspicicious activity.  I have just noticed that when I look at the Telstra screen  it shows an email address of "mytelstra user name"@telstra.com.  So to me it appears that I now have two separate email addresses (accounts?) one with Telstra and one with Big Pond .  Is that correct?  It might explain why the account has been suspended for "lack of use" because I didn't know it existed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: TELSTRA AND BIGPOND EMAILS

After some advice from the Chat Line, I now know that when i sign into My Account  I use a Telstra login to look at Accounts, Payments, etc., and if I want to login to Bigpond, I use the *****@bigpond.com login procedure.  Thanks for your advice.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
poppa
Level 1: Cadet

In that section where is says  user @telstra.com,  there should be a drop down box where you can select   @bigpond.com  and then enter in your correct email if it ends in @bigpond.com  .    @telstra.com is just the default but you should use the drop down box to select what your email address ends in.  IE  @bigpond.com

Inspector
Accepted Solution

After some advice from the Chat Line, I now know that when i sign into My Account  I use a Telstra login to look at Accounts, Payments, etc., and if I want to login to Bigpond, I use the *****@bigpond.com login procedure.  Thanks for your advice.

View solution in original post

11Waterunit20
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Poppa. So my username and password for Telstra ID are different from my Webmail or Bigpond ones? Everything I do takes me back to My Account.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The login details used for the Telstra ID can be just about anything and is not necessarily your BigPond ones. 

If you want to log into your email try using this link: https://email.telstra.com

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit