Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Mail forgotten password

@LollyMc wrote:

Link to reset password is broken 😞

https://myid.telstra.com/redirectapplication

Thanks for the info @LollyMc 🙂

I'll ping one of our illustrious leaders to have it fixed @ashliem 🙂

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/how-to-reset-my-password 

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ashliem
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much @Ozmoz! I'll get the team to look into this one 🙂 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

ashliem
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LollyMc 

Thank you for raising this issue with us, and I'm sorry for the trouble you've had resetting your password.

I'm seeing the same error message as you, but it only seems to happen if I'm logged into My Account. If I log out and try the link again, it works as intended. 

I apologise for what seems like a silly question, but is there any chance you're trying to access the Forgotten Password page while being logged into My Account? 

Understanding this will really help us pinpoint what the issue is, and how to resolve it.

@Ozmoz - if you have a chance, would you mind please seeing if the page loads correctly for you when you are logged out of My Account?

Thank you both again!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Ozmoz

@ashliem wrote:

@Ozmoz - if you have a chance, would you mind please seeing if the page loads correctly for you when you are logged out of My Account?

Thank you both again!

@ashliem Ah, you are very clever 🙂 It never occurred to me, by following the link, I would get the error while logged into Crowd Support. So yes, after logging out the link works 🙂

I just assumed someone requesting a password change wouldn't have been logged in because they didn't have the right password, to begin with, lol.

@LollyMc I'm now guessing you are requesting a password change because you are automatically being logged in but can't recall what the password is?

If you are using Chrome, as an example, you can retrieve all saved passwords via its built-in password manager. You can Google how to do that if you are not sure.

Otherwise, did @ashliem post help you? Or do you need further help?

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit