Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
50 REPLIES 50
MAP1974
Level 2: Rookie

Outlook - Telstra Mail

Help.

As of this morning my Outlook will no longer send or receive emails. It appears to time out (0x8004210B).

Telstra Mail appears to be working no problem.

My phone too won't download emails.

I've spoken with Telstra help; incredible waste of time. I was eventually told (somewhat cryptically) that it was a known issue that had been around for days, and was being fixed. 

My work relies on emails, and I have a heap of them (in Outlook). I am loathe to play around with my Outlook settings in case I stuff something up (I am technically quite backward).

Anyone run across this?    

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Outlook - Telstra Mail

I would suggest that you ensure that you backup the emails that you currently have in Outlook in case something untoward happens to those on the mail server.

mymyk

Can't download Bigpond emails - imap.telstra.com timing out

For some reason, my bigpond.net.au emails are not being accessed and downloaded by my email clients since 8:50pm on 17 May 2021.

This is happening on PC Windows 10 Thunderbird and iPad iPadOS 14.5.1 Mail.

I can access the emails via webmail.

I have checked the settings and everything is as it should be.

mymyk

Re: Can't download Bigpond emails - imap.telstra.com timing out

Just checked the Bigpond down website. Looks like it's not just me

Coach8

Emails not sending in Outlook Mac

For last week I cannot send emails from Outlook Mac..receive emails no problem.  Can send through webmail. keep getting message about secure connection cannot be established to server

Dowser

@mymyk wrote:

One would think that the Mail server would be the common factor.

dmarks
Level 1: Cadet

I'm having the same problem,

Using windows 10 and Microsoft outlook 2010

Stopped working last night the 17th of May.

rnpatien

Same problem cannot connect on Outlook "Bigpond mail server addres is not valid"

Ferthy

Anyone else not able to send/receive bigpond emails?

Email worked fine yesterday afternoon, will not this afternoon. Using Microsoft Outlook. 

Ferthy

Just posted a similar question. Mine stopped working last night aswell.

Ferthy

I have just posted the same question. There is also another question the same aswell.

SM71

Yep, I'm having the same problem aswell - and also stopped working last night 17th.

fitzmooney

Its been 3 days now. Have tried everything.

Thunderbird will send but not receive emails.

Same thing with Gmail on my Samsung tablet.

Very frustrating.

Dowser

@mymyk wrote:

For some reason, my bigpond.net.au emails are not being accessed and downloaded by my email clients since 8:50pm on 17 May 2021.

I can access the emails via webmail.

I have checked the settings and everything is as it should be.

What are your actual mail server settings?.

The ones recommended for Telstra Mail (in your case) are listed here

BobMiller

Re: Anyone else not able to send/receive bigpond emails?

Same here. Can send emails, but not receive, since yesterday (18/May). Using IMAP, all computers having the same issue here.

BobMiller

Same here. Outlook can send emails, but not receive anything. Interesting to see how long Telstra will take to fix it. My guess is a looooong time, as usual.

BobMiller

Having the same issue. All computers at the office are able to send email, but not receive anything from imap server. My experience with Telstra tech support is the same as you had, just a waste of time. They always say the same, we know there is a problem are working on it. 

The temporary solution is to use webmail. That was working yesterday.

Raymar1999

Yes, same issue on pc and phones, started on 18th May.

Barry58

my computer updated and now my outlook wont send or receive emails???

i keep getting an email send receive error and cant update subfolders error

fitzmooney

The other problem I have is the out going emails are not saved to the "sent" box.

Edwin41964

My incoming email are not downloading

the emails are listed, download are timing out

blue48

Re: Telstra BigPond Mailboxes

Hi,

For three days now I have been unable to connect to my bigpond mail account through the broadband feed on my iMac desktop.When selecting "GET MAIL" it sometimes shows in greyed out text "downloading 9 of 724" or some other ridiculous figure, or it just fails to connect.

I am receiving emails on my iPhone as usual but from there I can't save and print out any info. I might require.

My broadband internet connection is working fine as I can log on to Web Mail on the Telstra website, however

when doing so and trying to print from my inbox the page freezes after each request, requiring me to re-log in

to move to another message and as you can see I am communicating with you over the internet, please help.

JoeyJoJo99

Re: My incoming email are not downloading

I have been online with Telstra all morning trying to fix the same problem. The technician said that they are having server issues and to wait 24-48 hours until it might be fixed .....!!!??!! I am trying to run a business and this is extremely bad...

mymyk

Yes, those are the settings, which are the same as always.

MSMSMS

Mine had also been unusable since Monday night 17/5/21. Got the known email client isssue response from Telstra with no timeframe for fixing!!!

MikenKaren

email not working on windows pc outlook

both my email accounts have stopped working ; bigpond.com & telstra.com emails have stopped working in outlook since monday. No setting have been changed recently. Both emails are working on my iphone. Cheers Mike
SJ555

Cannot connect my Outlook to Big pond email, can you please confirm the account details

telstra bigpond outgoing imap settings

Trev64

I have not received any of my emails since Tuesday 11 May this year. It’s beyond a joke. I’ve been told by someone from Telstra that it is the Outlook settings and that I Will receive emails within 24 hours. But they told me that on Tuesday the 11 May today is the 19th May. Very very long 24 hours. Scumbags 

WDS351

Same issue i've checked the imap settings, all good there.  Any idea when the bigpond servers will be working?

sheephead

IMAP server authentication problem saying there is certificate security issues

Hi  dont beleive telstra is being entirely truthful with customers like me. A technician told me online yesterday that there was an IMAP server issue and theyre working on it. Now I find out that Telstra dont really want to support bigpond customers anymore. This was an aside when talking to a supervisor yesterday on case no:11800346. The guy would not elaborate anymore. So at least telstra could send me an email or letter explaining thenext step to set up a new mailbox possibly!!

MAP1974

Re: IMAP server authentication problem saying there is certificate security issues

Outlook just downloaded and sent items ... here's hoping this sticks ... works for everybody! 

Dowser

Re: IMAP server authentication problem saying there is certificate security issues

@sheephead wrote:

Now I find out that Telstra don’t really want to support bigpond customers anymore. This was an aside when talking to a supervisor yesterday on case no:11800346. The guy would not elaborate anymore. So at least telstra could send me an email or letter explaining the next step to set up a new mailbox possibly!

Telstra’s documented policy is that they stopped issuing new email accounts from September 2020, as stated in their Our Customer Terms document.

Existing email accounts are maintained provided that they are kept active (within the last 180 days), and so long as the customer retains a service with Telstra.

WDS351

yep mine are downloading now too

cathy64
Level 4: Private Eye

I had the same issues 3 days ago. It would have been good if Telstra told us this at the beginning when they have the issues instead of wasting a lot of time trying to trouble shoot for the last few days. I had also written to  Microsoft as well as there was message about syncing issues on OneDrive to the archive.pst email file, thinking that was Outlook issue. Very annoying.

fitzmooney

Would have been nice if they had put some sort of notice on their webmail of the problem.

Would have saved me many hours of trying to fix a problem on my computers, that did not exist.

dmarks

Yep after 2 hours on the phone this morning with no fix insight I came into the office and find that it has fixed itself. 

cathy64
Level 4: Private Eye

When i discontinued my landline but still have other active mobile phones in the account, i asked whether i can keep my bigpond email address, the consultant said yes but never tell me the other finer details as you mentioned above. Is that in the Customer terms document as well?

MAP1974

I agree completely.

Had I known they were looking at the issue, I could have saved so much of my time chasing a fix, and saved a heap of their time in terms of speaking with customer service.

All that was required was some form of (proactive) communication.  

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your account should stay active for 12 months if you requested it, but it will be closed after that point (there is no possibility of extending). Email accounts are tied to Home Broadband services.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

The Our Customer Terms document states:

14.2  We may cancel or suspend your Telstra Mail at any time if:
(a) your other services to which Telstra Mail relates are cancelled or suspended;
<snip>

Also read the following snippet:

14.3  If your Telstra Mail service is cancelled:
(a) cancellation will become effective on the first day of the next month in billing cycle or on the day you close your mailbox via My Account; and
(b) we will store your data for 30 calendar days from the date of cancellation.

Source

sheephead

Re: **Telstra Mail Issues**

So what is happening with the server and Ielstra tech I spoke to admitted there was an issue with the MAP server issues. My bigpond has continued faults ad I cannot receive any emails through my bigpond email using outlook on my computer. There are comments that Telstra do not support bigpond any more.

@Deanna wrote:

Please post mail issues here

@Deanna wrote:

Please post mail issues here

TonyH64

I have had this issues since the weekend when update 14.5.1 loaded and effected my iPad and iPhone.

‘interestingly the iPad will send emails only on 4G and not via wifi router 

iPhone Xs will not send email on either 4G or wifi router on Apple mail app.

I loaded MS outlook now and it will not send either on iPhone.

this is now beyond a joke and effectively stoping me replying to work emails unless I log into the webmail portal all the time.

Dowser

As an experiment, you could try setting the Wifi connection DNS server to the Google DNS server.

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

Ferthy

F**king Telstra. Someone on there end has stuffed with something and it has given everyone a headache. I sent a message to them this morning, then it took 45 minutes to get a response, which by that time I had to leave for work. Miraculously when I get home tonight everything is fine.

To TELSTRA, when you F##K with something, make sure it is easy to go back to the last state where everything was working.

mymyk

My bigpond.net.au emails are now downloading as of about 1 hour ago.

EBAG1

My ipad won’t download/receive emails to the inbox but will send from the ipad. My iphone will receive emails as normal. What could be wrong with the ipad?

Dowser

Have you checked that those two devices are using the same settings?.

AttenmptNo3
Level 3: Gumshoe

Ditto for all Bunsiness sites that have Telstra Business NBN or Telstra thru resellers, where they have devices set up for Scan to email.  All stopped as of Monday.

Two hours on the phone to NBN support arrived at nothing.

AttenmptNo3
Level 3: Gumshoe

Try changing your outgoing mail server to smtp.telstra.com.  Dont forget to restart your email software or device just in case.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit