Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Webmail & Firefox

Answered

As of last Friday night 25/09/20, Webmail won't open in Firefox any more. I used to have this problem prior but I fixed it my making sure Firefox remembers history. Now it won't work even with my Firefox settings the same as before. I ran some tests and Webmail will work with Chrome on my computer and others. It won't work with Firefox using this computer or other computers so I know it's not a problem on my end. It just hangs with the 3 pulsing boxes after I login. Please fix ASAP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Webmail & Firefox

Okay I fixed it finally. Go to control panel > Programs and Features > click uninstall Firefox > but do Refresh Firefox instead. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

I am having the same problem and know of others who have the problem also.

I can log in using IE and Google but why Firefox is having the hassle goodness knows.

Telstra claim to be have had issues since early August, why can't they fix it!!!

Highlighted

It has been over a month and the problem is still not solved. This is not good enough Telstra! I cannot check my emails at home. I refuse to use Google Chrome due to privacy concerns.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

What version of Firefox do you have?  I hsve the latest version and don't have any problems loading Telstra web mail on my windows 10 PC.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Okay I fixed it finally. Go to control panel > Programs and Features > click uninstall Firefox > but do Refresh Firefox instead. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Please tell me how do I get to  "Refresh " when doing as you have suggested?

I can get Control Panel-Programs & Features- find Mozilla Firefox, click on it and it asks me if I want to un-install. Then what?

Highlighted

Click uninstall. Then the installation dialog for Firefox will open. There will be an option to click 'Refresh Firefox' (basically it means repair). Click that instead of clicking Next or Cancel.

Highlighted

Well I did that and am no better off.

however it did lose my bookmarks and home page and the extensions I had so I wish I hadn’t bothered.

I have retrieved the bookmarks from Google and reset the home page but can’t find the extensions .

it has to be something in Firefox blocking it, just 3 pulsating squares is all I get.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit