Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

timed out emails

Having issues with my emails,  Keeps saying timed out, won't even get the emails on the screen.  When I do, I'm lucky if i can read it, before being timed out again.  can't delete emails.  can't scroll down.  can't go to junk folder.  What can i do?  says no outages and only used 30% of storage

Plus, can't get onto telstra,  surprise surprise

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: timed out emails

Same here. Managed to get through to a "human" who says everyone including herself cant get her webmail page to load. When it will be fixed? Who knows.

Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Did they say when it will be fixed?  The outage site (https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/email?pageSource=home) says To Be Confirmed.  This has been an issue for over a week now.

~~ If you don't ask ~~
Highlighted

yep 2 days now waiting .got to be one of the worst help centres to get hold of to,dont know if i will bother staying with telstra got to be something better

Highlighted

Still not fixed and response a joke. Tried help line answered all their questions then nothing. Text message this morning saying internet service outage - not so as it has been and is still working, but showing no outage on email, then why can I not load any emails. Feeling very annoyed.

Highlighted

@pgil wrote:

Same here. Managed to get through to a "human" who says everyone including herself cant get her webmail page to load. When it will be fixed? Who knows.

Highlighted

Are people still having problems with Bigpond emails - mine continues to time out, is becoming really annoying...

Highlighted

Nothing from me either. It's a pain. Can't get on phone or PC. A giant tech company like this should have this as a priority. It's been at least four days (if not more). I am waiting on some documents to be sent but can't get access to have a look if they've arrived. 

Highlighted

I have the very same problem, actually only once got to speak to a human!! It was a fluke!! He was unable to help me with this said they are working on it!! Said they had trouble with hackers.  I actually received an automated phone call which identified as Telstra saying my email was compromised and to press (I forget which number) to speak with a technitian (not sure how it was termed!) on my key pad, when I did only heard incomprehensible noises!!  The guy at Telstra I managed to speak to thought it was a hack!!  Since then every time I call 132200 only get a link to follow!! So very frustrating as with many people rely on my emails!!  Also when I try to use Telstra"s on line tools to fix email problem will not work either!!

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yes I still have this problem and I have had this problem for over a week with no help. Very frustrating.

Highlighted

I used the search function and have managed to get some emails up by guessing a word in the subject. 

Highlighted

Same issue ...Customer support.. non existant via phone... you get shunted to autobot and hung up on...   

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same here. It worked for 2 days (very sloooowwww) and at the moment is down again.

I cannot beleive this is the major provider in Australia.

I started researching something else. This is a joke!!!

Highlighted

Have had this problem for nearly 2 weeks and not been able to get any response at all.  Friends have been contacting me as they have received weird emails - Telstra hasn't responded to my request to review security. 

@syd2020 wrote:

Same here. It worked for 2 days (very sloooowwww) and at the moment is down again.

I cannot beleive this is the major provider in Australia.

I started researching something else. This is a joke!!!

BWil
Highlighted

Mine was ok for a day but is now doing the same thing again. Very frustrating  

Highlighted

had the same problem ,received a text from telstra saying it was fixed but still can't get my emails  switched to GMAIL  no problems now so much better to use than Telstra & you can auto forward all your Telstra emails to your Gmail account 

Highlighted

Have got exactly the same problem, just get the run around with Telstra when I contact them!!

Highlighted

OMG So I am & it has gotten worse this week. I need to check important emails, but I can't.  Mega pissed off with Telstra.  

Highlighted

It is totally unacceptable for issues with our Emails. Being going on here for over a week. Really angry at the moment.

Highlighted

Same problem its a disgrace. Been a problem for months and giving me the gripes.

Highlighted

Hi, I have same problem can't access my bigpond email few weeks ago up to present. Now, I want to ask how you auto forward your Bigpond emails to your Gmail account. As of now I'm using Gmail as telstra webmail is so frustrating. I mainly used my bigpond email before, so most of my contact,  email me in my bigpond email so I want to forward as well to my Gmaill, just like what you did. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit