VS67
Level 1: Cadet

Trashy emails

Answered

Hi,

my email account is getting a ridiculous amount of 'trashy' emails and I haven't opened them. I have tried deleting and reporting as spam but they are all from different people with different subject messages. How do I get rid of the 'trashy' emails from getting into my inbox.

I have trouble seeing my ligitamite emails due to the numerous 'trashy' emails.

Thanks for your help.

vs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Trashy emails

Don't know exactly what your setup is there VS, but yes as you call them "Trashy Emails" are a pain you know where, just like the Trashy Phone calls.

Personally i use a pre-empting email program called Mailwasher pro.

It's a program that gets to learn bwhat is spam and what's not and excludes those emails or bounces them back to the sender and they don't get downloaded through your email program. (That's if you are using a desktop program like Outlook Express; Outlook or any number of mail programs like that. You get to preview the emails at the server and just download what you want and gradually it stops the trashies from comming through.

Worth a look at.

If you are using Outlook.com as your mail mail program that won't work though.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Don't know exactly what your setup is there VS, but yes as you call them "Trashy Emails" are a pain you know where, just like the Trashy Phone calls.

Personally i use a pre-empting email program called Mailwasher pro.

It's a program that gets to learn bwhat is spam and what's not and excludes those emails or bounces them back to the sender and they don't get downloaded through your email program. (That's if you are using a desktop program like Outlook Express; Outlook or any number of mail programs like that. You get to preview the emails at the server and just download what you want and gradually it stops the trashies from comming through.

Worth a look at.

If you are using Outlook.com as your mail mail program that won't work though.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

VS67
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jeff,

thanks so much for your answer - I will give it a go.

Cheers

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit