LEANNE14
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to access webmail

Answered

We are unable to access our BigPond webmail. We are able to login but the webmail page will not open 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to access webmail

Heya all,

We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers attempting to access Bigpond email. We’re working to resolve the issue. 

Update: This has now been resolved

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
Beatc

Yeah me too, seems to have been like this since the failed attempt at merging us over to Telstra MAIL

ArchieBoy

Having same problem .. And no help from Telstra it seems!!! . No access to BigPond emails on phone, iPad or laptop. When trying through Telstra webmail it just logs me out and goes back to home media page. Since about 6pm tonight. Time to change providers.

Renee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya all,

We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers attempting to access Bigpond email. We’re working to resolve the issue. 

Update: This has now been resolved

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

debra-3

how was this solved?  I was overseas last month when my email was changed over and was unable to access webmail for the rest of my trip

DazzaH

I have not been able to log in for the last few days. Still not working - Message says, " Try again later"

SimoneN
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello DazzaH, 

You will need to speak to our Telstra technical support team on 133 933 and they will be able to assist you with some troubleshooting and if required, have this escalated. 

- Simone

ArghhTelstra

NO IT HASN"T !!!

I spent half of yesterday waiting for Telstra to connect my phone call to a technician to discuss why when I open my Webmail and open my emails, only the sender's address and Subject Line are visible.

When I did manage to make contact with a technician and after she 'took remote control of my computer' she said she'd never seen anything like it and needed to make enquiries.  Eventually she returned and diverted my access to my emails via Windows Live Mail NOT Telstra Webmail.  She said Telstra had identified the problem and matters would be fixed within one hour.

Here I am 24hrs later and I still can't access my emails though I can via Live Mail....Telstra wasup??  I'm fed up with you butchering the service I pay you for.

angry7

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED!!!!!!!!

Not able to access email - when I log on it  gives me a 403 forbidden mesage or sits there flashing trying to get into email but once this happens then you can't log out.

Telstra you cannot charge custormers if you are not providing a service - there I expect NO charges until ALL issues have been resolved.

Telstra a change over to a new service implies improved services not a major step backwards.

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi angry7, 

Do you get the same issue on multiple browsers? 
Also are they up to date? 

I have the same problem. Chrome, FireFox both have the same problem. Mostly on weekends - this has been happenning for a while now. And on Friday nights, we cannot even get there using Edge. it only shows (at best) the headings, but no folders or emails. At worst, it shows just a text 403 forbidden message. And, occasionally, you get the 403 forbidden AND the headings - but never any emails.

Right now, it's not working via chrome or firefox, but we can get emails on Edge. For how long, I don't know.

Bring back old BigPond!!! It may have been slow, but at least it worked most of the time!

gregachurch

Thats great Simone, but what number do you phone if you are not in Australia? Your system is so unhelpful that it is impossible to contact anyone directly by emil. This is the only means I have at the moment. When I log in, an error report comes up "An unrecognized error was returned from the mail system. Please try again later". I have been trying for a week.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The number for customers to call from an international service is +61 2 92421238. 

Alternatively, you can try contacting our team via Live Chat:  http://tel.st/gq6m

- Shelly

GOM6330

Over the last week have not been able to access my email's on line, either through address  'my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview?source=BigPond', choosing webmail from there brings up a page with all the text mixed up on the left-hand side!  or my old favourite 'webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin' where I get the message 'There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later.'

Any suggestions would to most appriciated, as when I ring up the answer is 'we are aware of the problem'

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would suggest trying this link instead: https://email.telstra.com. Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

GOM6330

Hi Shelly

I'm in! thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards

GOM6330

Sparklebum

I have been unable to access my webmail for last week or so .. I'm receiving the below error after logging in.

"There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later."

Need to resolve asap.

Cheers

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sparklebum

I would suggest trying this link instead: https://email.telstra.com. Let us know how you get on. 

Kind Regards 

GOM6330

Hi Lindy

All is resolved, just do not use Windows 10 'Mail', use Google instead.

Thanks for all your help

Confused123456

I have tried all these suggestions but still cannot get into my emails. I do have it on my mobile but mostly use this to see an email when i get one then go onto my laptop email to reply or put into a folder ect but cannot get in to it. When I log in it comes up with the error message.  

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Confused123456 - What is the error message that you have received? Have you checked that the incoming and outgoing mail server settings have been updated in your email program to match those listed here? https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

- Shelly

George_Jetson
Level 3: Gumshoe

May have been resolved for this one customer but the issue remains for thousands of others.

If you have a "temporarily suspended" error message when logging into webmail you need to call business billing.

jimbo6

Solved??

Whats the solution(s)??

I have time wasted with telstra technicians one minute sir- 40minutes later still no resolution.

It seems telstra can open  my webmail from their end.

I use Mozilla firefox and have tried to open in safe mode no luck; antivirus protection switched off no luck?

I am using Windows 7 Home premium, I would think that the internet browser or anti virus would be the likely cause what else governs my data exchange??

Any assistance welcomed.

Thank you in advance

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jimbo6, 

Have you tried using a different browser, like Google Chrome?  Are you getting any error message when trying to log in?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit