wlaughto
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to send an email to my own email address in Webmail

I cannot send an email to myself. I have tried from several different email clients (Microsoft Mail, Outlook, Gmail), and directly from Telstra WebMail. The email is visible in the Sent items (on all clients and in WebMail), but the mail never appears in the Inbox.

It is not in a Spam folder, Trash Can or anywhere else.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Unable to send an email to my own email address in Webmail

Not in the outbox/s?

Do you get any error messages or return advices in the sending application?

An error would come back fairly quickly, a bounce/unsuccessful message could take a couple of days..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
wlaughto

No, nada, nothing! It is reaching Telstra Webmail as I can see in in the Sent item on Webmail.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you checked that there hasn't been a rule set up to permanently delete duplicate emails in Telstra webmail (Settings > Mail > Organize Inbox) or any of your email clients?  

SteveW_52

Depending on whether you have setup the Telstra account as IMAP or POP in your email clients, the emails showing in the Sent folder in Webmail, are possibly just synced from the email client (if you are not actually sending them from Webmail).

If the email clients AND Webmail can't send to your other accounts, it would be unusual not to get something returned to you on a Failed to Send situation.

Do you have another email address (other than the Telstra one) that you can use to send a test email?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
wlaughto

Nothing. This was working until recently and nothing has changed. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit