Helios
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to send e-mails

Answered

Hi

I am unable to send e-mails from my home computer _ADSL but can recieve them. When I try to send an e mail this is the message that appears:

Task 'mailbigpond.com - Sending reported error (0x800CCC6F) Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to recieve this message contact your server administrator or ISP. The server responded: 554 riskntcmgw05p Bigpond outbound [OB105. Connection refused. 124.185.190.186 is listed on the exploits Block list (XBL)

I am not sure what this means? I have been trying to reply to an e-mail and just tried to send a test e-mail to my work address I was unable to send either

Please can you advise. Many thanks Bernie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to send e-mails

Hi Bernie,

Turning off your modem/router for a short while (30sec-min) then on should solve your issue.

Btw it's due to your modem rolling it's IP address onto one that's been put into a naughty bin.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Bernie,

Turning off your modem/router for a short while (30sec-min) then on should solve your issue.

Btw it's due to your modem rolling it's IP address onto one that's been put into a naughty bin.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Helios
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Dave

Many thanks - my problem is solved Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit