Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to send emails to bigpond addresses

Hi,

When a client send emails system generates a notification email for the users  on Bigpond.

The error message indicates it has been blocked for spam.

The IP address that sends the messages is allocated soley to us and has been for several years.

There are no URL shorteners (none in the test emails I have sent).

Bounce text said: 558 59108FB84C545E71 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703

I checked if IP addresses and domain are on any Blacklist in particular Spamhaus which BigPond uses to assess mail for spam/malicious links - they are not.

What is the proper process to get our spam classification investigated? 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: Unable to send emails to bigpond addresses

Hi Yuma

There has been ongoing issues with BigPond email addresses since Telstra started ramping up migrations from the old BigPond Email service and the Telstra on Windows Live email service to the Telstra Email service.

There was a major problem in January which is discussed at length at https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-or-BigPond-Email/Bigpond-mail-is-rejecting-emails-fro....
Check this ticket and see if the issue is the same as what you're getting.

I might be able to help troubleshoot with you if there's more information provided - your post is a little obscure as to where the issue is being experienced.

Is it that you are using your own email server and domain and emails sent to various bigpond email addresses are being rejected?
If so, is it every email to a given bigpond address or just specific emails?  
What is the subject and body content of the emails that are rejected?  (I have a bigpond email address I can PM you if you want to do some testing).

Does your email domain (if it is something like *@mybusiness.com.au) have SPF, DKIM and DMARC records created in the DNS zone file that tells recipient email services which servers are allowed to send email and should be trusted?

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit