Level 1: Cadet

Unable to send emails with Mac Mail

I have a Mac that run on OS X Version 10.9.1 and I use the Mac Mail App on the desktop. Recently I have been unable to send emails - I get this error messasage

cannot send message using the server Big Pond : Authentication required.

I have tried to update the settings to what is in tech support but then I can not receive or send emails. (smtp.live.com) so I have reset it to the old settings of mail.bigpond.com for now because I can at least recieve emails.

I have had this email account for years and the Mac for 18 months and I have not changed anything or done anything different so do not understand what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to send emails with Mac Mail

Hey elsj03,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Take a look at the correct incoming and outgoing mail server settings in our FAQ: How to Setup your Email. Thanks elsj03.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit