MrLudo
Level 2: Rookie

Unblock legitimate sender - deferred because of volume by anti-spam ?

Answered

How do I go about getting company I work for's sending domain exempted from the anti-spam system that has decided I am sending too much email to bigpond customers ?

My sending domain has SPF records, we are DKIM siging the email and we have a DMARC policy published.

We send email on behalf of our customers to bigpond users and today we had a large number of emails go out to bigpond.com .

I currently have 1849 messages deferred by extmail.bigpond.com. [203.36.137.234] with the following in my dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: 452 test+1234@mydomain.com.au sender rejected. IB504

I cannot find anywhere where I can talk to anyone in telstra and have the problem escalated as I am not one of the recipients i.e.  I am not the customer with the problem ...

Does anyone know how to contact Telstra for technical support with problems when you are not a customer ?

Anyone ?

I have spoken with two support folks but they cannot escalate the problem unless the bigpond customer who is not receiving the emails to complain, rather than me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrLudo
Accepted Solution

Re: Unblock legitimate sender - deferred because of volume by anti-spam ?

If you are having the same problems as this, do a search for IB504 and you will find others.
The person who appears to be most helpful in this area is https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/25438

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
RexRegum

I am having similar issue, more than 1 MILLION emails were deferred by Bigpond this month.

did you find any solution to fix this issue?

started receiving "Bounce" status (2500 emails) on the 15th Jan 2017.

and started receiving "Deferred" status (800K emails) on the 25th Jan 2015.

I had a phone conversation with 2 bigpond guys yesterday and I am still going nowhere.

MrLudo

The problem with trying to get this escalated via "normal" support folks who are very much trying to help is that they need the problem to be reported by a recipient i.e. the person who is not getting the emails as a result.  They  need to have a Bigpond account holder to report the fault to be able to escalate the problem.

Our backlog has cleared now but both you and I obviously both will need to be added to an exception list somewhere so we can avoid being temporarily blocked.

One of my upstream providers suggested posting on AusNOG to try and get someone from Telstra's NOG folks to provide some insight.  I have not tried this yet.

MrLudo
Accepted Solution

If you are having the same problems as this, do a search for IB504 and you will find others.
The person who appears to be most helpful in this area is https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/25438

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit