Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Upgraded Outlook.com and the "what to do now" instructions are not solving the issues

Upgraded to Outlook.com on the Bigpond account.

Instructions to update the Microsoft Outlook 2010 produced a fail - the mail does not download to the account - it only downloads the emails sent prior to the "last email you will receive on this account" notification received on webmail.

Set up a new account following the "set up new account" instructions and produced a fail that is the same - downloads allt he email that is prior tot he "last email you will receive on this account" notification received on web mail.

Support line last night (a many hour marathon between long wait and then the actual time with a team member) was a very poor experience with the resultant advice being "You should upgraded to Outlook 2013".  Not part of the migration deal, Not a suitable solution, not a prerequisite to being able to retain the bigpond account.

Can you assist please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Upgraded Outlook.com and the "what to do now" instructions are not solving the issues

Hi Dfisher, 

I'm assuming that you are trying to set up a new email program which sits on your computer and downloads emails. Microsoft Outlook 2010? Is this correct?

If so you will need to do the following.  

Please use your email address and password to log into the following webpage https://emailupdate.telstra.com/  This webpage will tell you which email platform you are currently on.  It will be either MyInBox or Outlook.com or you will be presented with an error message saying "You do not have any mailbox service. This portal allows you to schedule/reschedule your mailbox migrations only" then you're email is hosted on the new Telstra Mail platform.

Check this and let me know so we can provide you with the correct settings.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Re: Upgraded Outlook.com and the "what to do now" instructions are not solving the issues

Thank you Kenobi,

Details are Outlook.com as the new platform and yes it is Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Highlighted

I've received a nudge to ask "was my question answered.

No it hasn't been.

I was asked for more information.

Have provided that information.

Still don't have an answer.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit