Scoben
Level 1: Cadet

URGENT HELP PLEASE Outlook configuration to keep outlook and mobile devices in sync

NEED URGENT HELP.  I have purchased a new computer and Microsoft outlook 2016. I have Telstra BigPond email 

Xxxxxxx@BigPond.net.au.  What settings do I use when adding my email address in outlook. 

I need settings that will sync with all my devices both send and receive emails need to show up on on laptop, iPad & iPhone. 

I have had a terrible time in the past trying to get the right settings which failed and have only used the mail app on my laptop which is useless and doesn't talk to my accounting software when sending invoices so I must use Microsoft outlook. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
MickeyCee
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE Outlook configuration to keep outlook and mobile devices in sync

Hi Scoben,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Can I please confirm if you have attempted to input the settings found at the following link? - https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

The above mentioned website will list a large variety of different email clients that your Bigpond email can be used with, and the associated Incoming and Outgoing settings that need to be entered in order to have the email address communicate with the appropriate server.

Alternatively, if this does not work or you are unfamiliar with what platform your Bigpond email is affiliated with, please chat with us via. LiveChat (http://tel.st/hsc3) or 13 76 63 and we will be more than happy to assist you further with providing these details.

Keep us posted on how you go

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit