Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Webmail access

I can log into my webmail account however my messages will not download, despite the site indicating the number that I have in my inbox. Occasionally the messages are listed, but fail to open. Happening for 4 days now, no problems previously.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Webmail access

I'm having exactly the same problem. It started last Friday, working on Saturday, then down again today. The online help says that there is no problem but messages will not open.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

WEBMAIL ACCESS
I am having the same problem.  Sunday I started receiving 'duplication' outlook emails. Thousands of them.  I use iMac.  I have MS Outlook Version 16.39.  I have searched to troubleshoot to no avail.  This has happened a number of years previously.  
I log into bigpond.com or, telstra.com and go to webmail.  The 'inbox' messages will NOT download the messages.  ANY of them.   II have tried a seperate device.  I am without [current] email on my computer as it is diverted to download all previously seen old emails.  I can not work. I have been able to see [current] emails on my phone however this does not work for a work-a-round as I need attachments and to print.  More perplexing, annoying and seemingly unprofessional is there appears to be no Telstra message stating that you can not access your Webmail or that there is an Issue.  
I am frustrated and require assistance.  

Highlighted

I have the same problem - over the same timeframe. All i get are messages "Your messages could not be retrieved. Try again later" on my microsoft PC logging in through my Telstra account. Or "Loading list of messages" which then is followed by "This request is taking longer and timed out" on my iphone. Ocassionally the messages do load, but once I try and open an email is just goes into think mode until it times out. Help please.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Me too. They were appearing, now all disappearing. Common Telstra, you have one effing job.

Highlighted

Me too! Webmail messages don't load and I get errors like "Your messages could not be retrieved. Try again later" or "This request took longer and timed out".  I have made a complaint to Testra but no response as yet. It's not the first time this has happened. I don't think anyone cares! 

Highlighted

Again we suffer this, yet my Gmail works fine. Time to switch from this patchy Telstra system and use it only as a secondary communication medium

@DJ308 wrote:

I can log into my webmail account however my messages will not download, despite the site indicating the number that I have in my inbox. Occasionally the messages are listed, but fail to open. Happening for 4 days now, no problems previously.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit