Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Webmail Ibox will not download

I think you might have a point.  After 2 days of almost normality, it's now back to loading...loading...loading ... timed out!

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

It's becoming a very annoying pattern. As I've said before, it's been well over a month for me now. They need to get it sorted, but I won't hold my breath.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

It's still NOT Fixed

Highlighted

Hate to say this, not fixed as of 17/09/2020.

Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

This has been going on for too long. Getting worst not better

Highlighted

G'Day Dowser,

Already made the compliant to :-  https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint.

No joy.

Cheers sambo517

Highlighted

About 6 weeks this issue has been going on for.

All the complaining to the right people has fallen on deaf ears..

Highlighted

Don't hold your breath...No one is listening in the right places ie Telstra.

Highlighted

@517sambo wrote:

G'Day Dowser,

Already made the compliant to :-  https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint.

No joy.

Cheers sambo517

I understand sambo517.  I actually submitted a second complaint.

Highlighted

Yes, Outlook veeeery sloow

Highlighted

Which weekend? This has been going on for around 6 weeks. Telstra should be looking at compensation to clients.

Highlighted

@steppy5 wrote:

Which weekend? This has been going on for around 6 weeks. Telstra should be looking at compensation to clients.

Only Telstra can inform you of the resolution date.

If you submit a complaint then you can mention that reference number when you contact Telstra regarding  the compensation you referred to.

Highlighted

I put in a complaint,  goodness knows where, many weeks back, and wow they got back yesterday and after a lot of tries and problems,  a reasonable credit 😍.

And they are putting in an unhappy customer form too.

Not that it is worth anything.

But just would like the damn thing to work.

Highlighted

My email will not download. It has been over 3 weeks. It’s affecting my business. Telstra has texted to say they’re aware of problem but haven’t fixed it. No one answers the phone. Just hours of recorded messsges. Please let me know how you fixed this problem??? 

@Bilko100 wrote:

It has been over 5 days now and I have not been able to download to Inbox our send Emails using Webmail. Is any one having similar problems? Telstra say it is an current problem that thyey are working on. It must be a low priority

Highlighted

We should start a class action. I cannot believe a telco company cannot get it’s email to work!! Also it’s impossible to call anyone. It’s impossible to lodge a complaint and if you do work it out it gets ignored. It’s interfering with my business 

Highlighted

@CS51 wrote:

It’s impossible to lodge a complaint

You can submit a complaint online at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Highlighted

Done. Was ignored 

Highlighted

Did you get any sort of response.

I put in a complaint a few weeks ago and got a response via:

;;

you guessed it ..... email.

BUT:

Yesterday after a lot of battling with somebody at a call centre working at home who was answering my complaint, I got a decent $$$$$   credit !!

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

@CS51 wrote:

My email will not download. It has been over 3 weeks. It’s affecting my business. Telstra has texted to say they’re aware of problem but haven’t fixed it. No one answers the phone. Just hours of recorded messsges. Please let me know how you fixed this problem??? 

@Bilko100 wrote:

It has been over 5 days now and I have not been able to download to Inbox our send Emails using Webmail. Is any one having similar problems? Telstra say it is an current problem that thyey are working on. It must be a low priority

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

I did not get it fixed. It started to work but 1 day later the problem was still there. been nearly 2 months now. I do get Emails downloaded in the morning then it fails soon after.

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Still having webmail problems for my business accounts since 10/8! I've made two complaints to Ombudsman and numerous complaints to Telstra! Started to receive random webmail over the last few days, stopped again 16/9! I've now made another complaint and yep they're going to email me! Unbelievable 

Highlighted

Something to try, no guarantees, but I seem to get an improvement here even at peaks.

My INBOX will appear after a minute or 4 with this system.

Using Windows and the Telstra email client, when you log on, there should be a "loading" (that endless rotating "loading") icon over on the left pane , where your "inbox, drafts, sent, folders" are located.

It loads this first, then (LOL) loads the INBOX messages.

If you have picked up a useable server connection, then this first pane should load and show in 3 seconds to 10 seconds.

If this does not load that window in about 20 seconds THEN:

the INBOX list in the main window pane being downloaded from its INBOX folder will NEVER load 👴

Click on the reload icon up top left, eg on Chrome a clockwise round arrow, and try again.

If cannot get this first  pane to load fast enough (you are looking for a faster server connection) then repeat.

After several attempts then there is no hope wasting time.

Try some other time.

Highlighted

@pinkribbon wrote:

Still having webmail problems for my business accounts since 10/8! I've made two complaints to Ombudsman and numerous complaints to Telstra! Started to receive random webmail over the last few days, stopped again 16/9! I've now made another complaint and yep they're going to email me! Unbelievable 

Have you tried the email apps Outlook or Thunderbird?.

Highlighted

I just had an Email asking me if the problem was fixed and to provide feedback. I gave a rating of "0" and a list of issues relating to Telstras response and support. When I got to the end the survey asked me to select a method to contact them then I got stuck in the screen and do not know if the survey was submitted or not. They cannot even get their survey right

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Hahaha. Does not surprise. When I tried to submit my complaint about my email not downloading I filled in the whole form - got yo the end and was unable to submit. Ap is also as useful as my email account. Getting laughable 

@Bilko100 wrote:

I just had an Email asking me if the problem was fixed and to provide feedback. I gave a rating of "0" and a list of issues relating to Telstras response and support. When I got to the end the survey asked me to select a method to contact them then I got stuck in the screen and do not know if the survey was submitted or not. They cannot even get their survey right

Highlighted

Pretty much back to normal (but still the crappiest platform available) since Monday.

When I finally got a reply to my complaint (Kenneth the case manager in Manila seems to have dropped off the radar, even tesltra couldn't contact him) new bloke Shaun actioned the promised two months' credit, so about $650.  He and his boss were stunned at that level of assistance, I hit them for another month given that the original amount had been made some weeks ago and this issue had dragged on since.  No dice.

Off to Aussie Broadband for mobiles, NBN etc ASAP. 

Highlighted

And?

Highlighted

@517sambo wrote:

And?

And what?.

Highlighted

Non overseas complaints bloke Shaun mentioned that - I put it to him that as the issue was server related an email client would just camouflage the issue and the slowness in getting emails on and off the server would just be less obvious.  He agreed.

Highlighted

Can it be true! I think it is!

just thought I would try my inbox again and I think it’s fixed. Loath as I am to believe it’s fixed for good, sadly been there before only to be disappointed again the very next day.

Go forth my friends, check your inbox and see if we can finally rejoice.

fingers crossed,

Highlighted

Both of my email boxes have been reasonably stable for 2 days now.

It takes ~ 20 seconds for INBOX to load in peak hour.

5 seconds to delete 2 emails (people better start deleting all that old stuff or system will clog!).

But if I scroll down 2 pages, it takes 11 seconds to catch up.

Guess we will never know, unless there is a (GENUINE) whistleblower.

Highlighted

@Orangejezza wrote:

fingers crossed,

I checked mine and every email from the inbox is missing. Completely empty!.

Highlighted

@Orangejezza wrote:

Can it be true! I think it is!

just thought I would try my inbox again and I think it’s fixed. Loath as I am to believe it’s fixed for good, sadly been there before only to be disappointed again the very next day.

fingers crossed,

While your checking your Inbox check to see if you have lost most of your old stuff that is important

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Holding my breath. It's Sunday. Not so much happening. Wait a few days into the working week, then maybe believe it.

Highlighted

Well that was short lived, about half a day and back to crap.

had a text from a Telstra operator who wanted to text back and forth about my issues, I had complained on the complaints form, but I said I was not doing this by text and someone needs to call me in person to discuss. Apparently I will be getting a call soon..........stay tuned for an update 
sx

Highlighted

Wise move. Good luck.

Highlighted

It can be better to do by text because:

1. Often these offshore operators have bad English, bad accents, bad understanding of Oz idiom.

This makes communications difficult and frustrating.

2. They are just going by a script and will say "reset the modem, change this or that, or there is an outage, etc etc".

They actually know much less than we do.

Highlighted

Yeh, I hear you.

but I won’t be fobbed off easily on behalf of everyone who is fed up with this BS

if I can’t understand them or them understand me, I just keep asking to speak to someone else. They get so sick of me, I eventually get someone who speaks like we do

i will get some answers and when I do I will share here, believe me!

Highlighted

Yes see how you go.

The Filipina variety are quite nice, and they probably get abused all day every day, so I do try to be pleasant and keep my cool.

At least one gave me a credit $$$$  😀

Highlighted

I’m sorry if that sounded racist, that, I am not! It is extremely difficult to speak tech in the first place while also trying so hard to understand what they are asking me to do. For both sides of the draw, and the fact that I’m about to get angry, best I speak to an operator who I understand, politely!

Highlighted

Best is to just go for a credit

No matter how high up, they will know nothing, because the people here telling them, know nothing in the first place as we all know very well, or just make stuff up to protect their rears.

Dont let them talk you into "changing something" from their scripts.

It is not your/our end.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

with no contact fromTelstra again, I replied on the text as they don’t answer calls - I rang the number.

another consultant tried to engage me In texting, I’m not having it. She did tell me that a case manager has yet to be assigned to my case, put simply, we are not important enough to be treated respectfully with carrying the ongoing issue. It is a real problem but I truly don’t think they care, pity help those businesses out there trying to cope with this. Here’s the kicker, if we needed one, when I insisted someone call me immediately, the answer was......it’s nearly the end of their shift so it won’t be today!

to say this is outrageous is an understatement.

when I do get that call, I’ll let you know here. I’m fuming inside right now.

sue

Highlighted

Hey yes Dowser I have tried both Outlook and Thunderbird still nothing today I received a text message to ask me to suggest another email address that they can discuss my complaint with! Are you serious yes another email! It states in the SMS your complaint has been escalated! About time been locked out of webmail since 10/8. 

Highlighted

What a joke webmail is. Just doesn't work. No explanation

@Bilko100 wrote:

Highlighted

its been like this now coming up to 8 weeks   i am over it    we are paying for a premium service and getting 10% of it

Highlighted

I agree Telstra should hang their head in shame. Difficult to get help, unable to let customers know what is going on and they are trying to sell 5G. Lets get problems fixed before introducing new ones

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

@pinkribbon wrote:

Hang in there.  Hopefully they will transfer your account to the new server soon.

Highlighted

Interesting "a new Server" looks like they have to spend some money

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Well here we are 4 days since my last update when I was to get my case manager appointed and a return call with 48 hours! Waiting Waiting!!

I wonder do Telstra detectives scroll these pages? Surely someone does and surely these threads mean something to a company, they are very damming.

Oh, silly me........their degree of care is zero, they have us and they know it.

If Telstra techs can not fix this issue and fast, get some techs who are smarter than the crew you have now.

Your customers are screaming out for assistance and getting nothing.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit