Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Webmail Ibox will not download

Answered

It has been over 5 days now and I have not been able to download to Inbox our send Emails using Webmail. Is any one having similar problems? Telstra say it is an current problem that thyey are working on. It must be a low priority

Richard Wilkins
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Webmail Ibox will not download

Looks like the problem is fixed

@Bilko100 wrote:

It has been over 5 days now and I have not been able to download to Inbox our send Emails using Webmail. Is any one having similar problems? Telstra say it is an current problem that thyey are working on. It must be a low priority

Richard Wilkins

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
254 REPLIES 254
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi My webmail was slow on Sat last and fast on Sunday. Now it wont load and I get timeout.

I have restarted my computer and modem with no result. I am receiving outlook no problems

Highlighted

Diggicat

Dont think it is a modem problem It is a problem with telstra. I have had the problem since last week. They may need some more Cloud space

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, i am having the same problem and not able to get a response from telstra

Highlighted

Im also having same issue Smiley Sad So frustrating !

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

It's been down since last Friday. Reported it to Telstra and here is their reply:
"There are issues with the Telstra webmail itself and not only yours but many customers email ids have been effected.
Our team are already working on that and will get it resolved very soon.
But as of now there is no estimated time frame given for that.
So, I would request you to please bear with us for the next 48 hours."
Network update: Email
Telstra will be carrying out network updates on the Telstra Mail platform.
You may not be able to send or receive email during this time.
When is the update planned for?
Update began: 8:26 AM on Mon 10 Aug 2020 AEST
Update to be complete: To Be Confirmed
https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/email?pageSource=home

Highlighted

Thanks for that, but no help at all from them. Days! Why no warning?

Highlighted

Same here, Same results on different browsers, just times out. Strange that I can get my Emails on my iphone ok, but using my iphone for this is painful if I wish to scan and attach 

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Same problem for me as well. It's becoming an issue after about a week of it now. So frustrating!!

Highlighted

Me too, it's been over a week and when I ring the number they give me after saying I have a problem after test it gives me the website to test???

Highlighted

Thanks gmurdoc8

Yes very frustrating. While the upgrade may have started at 8:26 AM on Mon 10 Aug AEST I wonder what they are upgrading. Earlier today I logged on and got all my emails downloaded but this evening the problem is still there. I hope Telstra can give us a good explanation as to what the problem was when they resolve it.

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

This is where the telecommunications ombudsman needs to intervene 

Telstra once again has strung the moronic public by the balls and not given one hoot

I am one of those public and I am seriously pissed ......

We need a clear answer with when this issue will be fixed

I guess any moron can work out the word not written

Highlighted

WOW TELSTRA

This is where the telecommunications ombudsman needs to intervene 

Telstra once again has strung the moronic public by the balls and not given one hoot

I am one of those public and I am seriously pissed ......

We need a clear answer with when this issue will be fixed because at the moment it's F -----D

I guess any moron can work out the word not written

Highlighted

I am having exactly the same issue.  I am waiting on important documents for my House Build and I cannot access my email.  I am beyond frustrated.

It would be lovely if there was some sort of notification on this.  I cannot even get through to them to find out what is going on and when it will be fixed 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Looks like the problem is fixed

@Bilko100 wrote:

Richard Wilkins

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Been messaging back and forth for the last hour with Telstra with no joy.  They said it is an issue that is under investigation but they have no idea when it will be sorted.  It is so frustrating! I wonder if anyone from Telstra monitor this if so FIX YOUR WEBMAIL!

Highlighted

CMAJ

I can understand your frustration especially with the current messaging process with Telstra. In the past I had great success with the Chat sessions but of late you seem that most of your conversation is with a machine. I found more success with the Telstra App.

As I indicated in my post I have been having problems for over a week but finally it seems to be fixed. I do note that the Email list is downloaded but I have to click on an email to open it. That is different than before. We have a Telstra upgrade happening in our area tonight ( Jervis Bay) so maybe things may get better.

@CMAJ wrote:

Been messaging back and forth for the last hour with Telstra with no joy.  They said it is an issue that is under investigation but they have no idea when it will be sorted.  It is so frustrating! I wonder if anyone from Telstra monitor this if so FIX YOUR WEBMAIL!

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Yes and I run a business very but and miss

Highlighted

Today is worse than ever. I am so over not being able to get resolution on this

Highlighted

Having the same problem with Webmail but on top of this my home computer is trying to reload all the the messages on the server. Over 4500 of them. Porkroll

Highlighted

I thought Christmas had come when everything downloaded this morning (8am) after 3 days of nothing but later (11am) back to no download of messages (times out). Everything seemed quicker this morning (NBN problem?).

Highlighted

yep! this has been an ongoing hit & miss problem for some time, but this last week ..... so frustrating!! i managed to get my emails up at about 3am this morning, briefly, but nothing today at all.  Do I really need to get up in the middle of the night to check my emails now?  (sigh)

Highlighted

You are right Richard - the Telstra webmail is down and I have not got a reply from them

So - go to gmail and forget about Telsta

Highlighted

Does that mean new email address?

Highlighted

Yes a new Email address Username@Gmail.com

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Surely they can fix the problem seems like something is not fast enough ie their system cannot manage the workload.

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

Yes I also thought Christmas had arrived when everything was going well then bang back came the problem. Please Telstra tell us what is wrong

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

I have had the same problem for a week now.  Trying to get on to a human being at Telstra is impossible.  I have been with them for over  27 years I am now leaving them.  I have tried for over an hour to talk to someone again having spoken to a person yesterday who gave me an incident number & said I could call back.  Telstra do not have any customer service at all yet I pay a premium for a service they can't provide.

Highlighted

I'm the same. I've had email (even though it has been slow) for a couple of days, and now back to nothing again. I don't understand why they can't identify the problem.

Highlighted

No it hasn't been fixed

Highlighted

I have had this trouble on and off for over a week.  It was working ok yesterday but not now.  I lodged a complaint with the ombudsman last week and they have contacted me about it so they are aware of it but nothing they seem to be able to do.  Maybe the more people complain to the ombudsman, they might look into it quicker

Highlighted

I will do as you suggested & lodge a complaint with the ombudsman. I gave just had over a 3 hr chat with the Telstra digital chat line. What a complete waste of time. 

Highlighted

I run a business and use outlook to receive and send my email since Monday telstra have sent through 17586 emails from the year 2019 from web mail which are still down loading on to my computer this has had the knock on affect that my computer has slowed down, I can not email customers receive email send accounts. Telstra are of no help I spent 6 house on the messaging service only to be told they have not got a time for me that it will be fixed.

Highlighted

I have had the same problem. Seems to have been rectified tonight.

@JHS-Ben wrote:

I run a business and use outlook to receive and send my email since Monday telstra have sent through 17586 emails from the year 2019 from web mail which are still down loading on to my computer this has had the knock on affect that my computer has slowed down, I can not email customers receive email send accounts. Telstra are of no help I spent 6 house on the messaging service only to be told they have not got a time for me that it will be fixed.

I have had the same problem. Seems to have been rectified tonight.

Highlighted

I find it can be better in the off peak times. Wait until tomorrow when everyone is trying to access it, and your problem may start again. That's what I'm finding anyway.

Highlighted

I have had no improvement at all

Highlighted

Given ISO and the need to keep in contact with customers, family etc I can believe Telstra could let this occur. Once it did why didn’t they let us know rather than wasting our time trying to fix a problem that we had no control over. Not happy

Porkroll

Highlighted

Who's for a Royal Commission? Smiley Happy Forget the ombudsman, barrage the Telecommunications Minister with emails for one (i.e. when emails work again).

Highlighted

Can’t even get in contact with Telstra via Chat or using the App. Very frustrating

Richard Wilkins
Highlighted

I also use my Webmail for business and ever since the 10th there has been an ongoing issue of not receiving or sending emails!!! I just wish Telstra would concentrate their efforts on fixing their current systems instead of trying to update and replace things that are working perfectly fine and trying to implement new things that bugger up the old systems!! Anyway I hope they fix this outage soon as it is really annoying and come next bill cycle I think we will be having a little chat regarding the payment amount for a service I am not receiving!! 

Highlighted

I've had the same issue on just one of my six Bigpond emails for the past two weeks, it just happens to be the email I rely on for a building project I have on the go and this has become a right royal pain in the proverbial!!

I'm getting the same response from Telstra however it is only occurring on the email that has no data limit on it (it is not my parent bigpond email either).

Telstra needs to sort this out as it has cost me through missed messages already!

Highlighted

I installed Thunderbird to download all my historical emails to my computer, being a little paranoid about Telstra's ability to keep/access them and it was doing this, taking 50 emails about 5 minutes yesterday before shutting down due to error message from Telstra. Close Tbird, reopen and another 50 or so would download.  This morning it downloaded 3500 rapidly, in about an hour and I thought all problems had been solved.  Just logged on webmail again (12.15pm) and slow once more, not opening emails.  But, Tbird then downloaded and opened all impending mails immediately.  Go figure, hopefully this may be helpful to others.

Highlighted

Still having this problem, also when I checked email on my iPhone the other day it downloaded a stack of old emails that had been previously deleted from the phone???

Highlighted

3.20 pm and it's crashed again! Opens emails but extremely slowly and will not send. A PITA!

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem trying to access my webmail.  I'm so angry with Telstra and I've wasted so much time on Chat with no result.  

Highlighted

It has not been.

I'm still having the issue of timing out and not being able to access them.

Highlighted

I have been having trouble downloading my emails as well .it says I have about 900 emails in my in box .hope they get it sorted soon .not happy 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Highlighted

This hasn't worked for days, it is an official outage with no end time.

My workaround is on webmail to go to settings/mail/auto-forward and set up forwarding to another non-telstra address such as a free gmail address if you don't already have another address, then collect your email using the new address. This seems to work for me.

Highlighted

This has been an issue on and off for me for a while now, but the last 2 weeks have been a nightmare. Trying to deal with tax, legal and insurance issues have been almost impossible which is becoming a serious problem now.

Highlighted

Me either. NO emails sent or received for 10 days now. Seriously frustrated and annoyed. Running a business, uni assignments to send. Absolutely Hopeless! Contacted Telstra told unfortunately your email id is one of the effected ones!!!!! No resolve!!!Not happy!

@CMAJ wrote:

I have had no improvement at all

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit