Bazza8
Level 2: Rookie

webmail logout 404 Not Found message

Answered

Hi

I have a @bigpond.com email account.

I access via webmail site:

https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2Fwebmail

On logout I have been receiving 404 Not Found message. This has continued for several weeks. I understand message means site not found.

Can this one fixed?

Cheers, Barry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: webmail logout 404 Not Found message

404 Not Found ..  this means a linked/requested page hasn't been found for display to you..  in this you have logged out, but the Telstra 'Logged Out' page can't be be located..  it will probably be fixed fairly soon, but I think you are quite safely logged out otherwise the the 404 error wouldn't have been triggered..   For what it is worth, logging in and out of Telstra websites, including webmail, doesn't raise that issue for me, so maybe it is something at your end so I would suggest that you clear the data and cache for that website in your browser first and see if the problem continues..

You could contact Telstra Support via 132200 or the My Telsta app chat, but it might take some explaining.. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

404 Not Found ..  this means a linked/requested page hasn't been found for display to you..  in this you have logged out, but the Telstra 'Logged Out' page can't be be located..  it will probably be fixed fairly soon, but I think you are quite safely logged out otherwise the the 404 error wouldn't have been triggered..   For what it is worth, logging in and out of Telstra websites, including webmail, doesn't raise that issue for me, so maybe it is something at your end so I would suggest that you clear the data and cache for that website in your browser first and see if the problem continues..

You could contact Telstra Support via 132200 or the My Telsta app chat, but it might take some explaining.. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Bazza8
Level 2: Rookie

Hi again

Tks Stevo52

After experimenting a bit, I have discovered that my Norton VPN which I recently installed appears to be the culprit. When it is turned on the Logged Out page doesn't load. If I turn the VPN off the page loads fine.

I'll try to see what Norton might suggest.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit