MeandmyMac
Level 1: Cadet

Webmail messages cannot be retrieved (or sent)

Answered

Recently my ADSL2+ modem was finally activated and I was able to gain access to the internet, and to log in to my account. But I have had no success with Webmail; from Day 1 every attempt to log in triggers the message "Messages cannot be retrieved - default message source". Similarly I am unable to send messages. I have spent (wasted) untold hours trying to resolve the problem; a telephone call for technical advice was unhelpful (mention that you have a Mac and there is a sudden dead silence on the other end of the line) and a 'Chat' session shut down unexpectedly. 'My Services' says Telstra is working on activating my BigPond service and to check via the order tracker, but the order tracker indicates that the order is complete. Could it be that my primary account is not yet activated? Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Webmail messages cannot be retrieved (or sent)

Hi MeandmyMac,

It definitely sounds like the mailbox hasn't been provisioned correctly. Have you tried contacting our accounts team on 13 22 00 to have this escalated? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi MeandmyMac,

It definitely sounds like the mailbox hasn't been provisioned correctly. Have you tried contacting our accounts team on 13 22 00 to have this escalated? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

shootre
Level 1: Cadet

when I log into Telstra.com webmail, i see a msg at the bottom,"There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later.", it has appeared there in my inbox for the last couple of days, wino further msgs being received, or being able to delete any that are there.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Shootre,

Can you log in here http://bigpond.com/email-status to confirm which platform your BigPond email address is on?

If this has been migrated across to Outlook.com this may be the cause.

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit