Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Webmail - Your request could not be completed

I have an issue with Webmail. I can login successfully, and navigate through folders and functions. However, after a while (not sure how long, and the length of time does seem to vary), when I click on the refresh button, I get a pop up window with "Error : Your request could not be completed. Please try again. "

And that is the end of that. The only thing you can do is to close the window, and start a new session. Using IE 11.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Webmail - Your request could not be completed

Hi RL2019,

All webmail pages will have an timeout after a set period of no activity and I suspect that this is what you are running into. To eliminate this as an issue, you can configure an email app/program to manage your mailbox. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up can help with the settings that are required to do this.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Shellock

A timeout isn't my problem, as I can be halfway through doing something (deleting all those promo emails that flood in to the inbox, and the problem will start.

The old webmail client didn't timeout.

Cheers

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried using a different web browser to see if this produces a different result?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

This happens for me as well - it does it in latest versions of chrome and IE.  

This is extremely disappointing - there was nothing wrong with the outlook platform and Telstra has gone and replaced their webmail client with this trash...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit