Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Webmail

Telstra Webmail is crap. Far too slow and since Monday Aug 17, can't get my emails due to "server timed out" errors every time. I have tried to retrieve emails via different devices, locations and browser software - always the same result. Nowhere near good enough for a telephony and comms company !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Webmail

Same for me - though I don't use webmail much except when I am away from my desktop. At the moment it won't load any of the messages in my inbox - just keeps timing out. I am also getting a few messages asking me to re-enter my password, even though entered correctly. Assume it's a problem with the network and will just try to be patient.

Highlighted

We have had exactly the same issue in which I reported to Telstra today. We also run a business from home so hopefully they can fix the problem asap !

Highlighted

I cannot access outlook as web mail is sending thousands of old emails through from 2019-2020 and I mean literally thousands 17,000 to be exact, cannot email our customers cannot use my ipad to send emails. Cannot access web mail to delete any emails to stop them coming through, it has bought our business to a stand still. 

Highlighted

Yeah same here I rang Telstra today . My emails won’t load and it times out. They can’t give me a timeframe of when it will be fixed! Real handy hey! If I miss an important email will Telstra be liable? They should at least let customers know there is a problem .

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

The Telstra Outages website has been reporting an email outage since August 10th due to planned updates.  There is no expected completion date.  My email has been slow to arrive/leave during this time - can be up to hours at a time.  Outlook for Windows repeatedly tries to sign-in - sometimes with success, only to be trying again later.  There is something seriously wrong with bigp[ond email.  I wish Telstra would publish what is going on.  From previous bad experiences in the past, when I've called the Support Desk and push quite hard to understand what is going on or to get compensation I get "reminded" that its a free service that sits on top of their internet access - which is what we pay for - not the email.  So I guess that is what underpins their attitude.  I am not even going to bother calling them this time.  At some point, this long-suffering user is going to switch ISP and switch email provider.  Telstra spends a lot of time trying to figure out how to retain customers.  I think this is one area that is staring them in the face!

Kim Loane
Highlighted

Absolutely not good enough!!! I am at my wits end every time I try to access my emails. The fact that we are not being informed that there is an issue is even more annoying. If we were informed, at least we would feel that customers do matter and that something is actually being done about it!! In our dreams it seems!

I feel Telstra is too focussed on "how did we do?" surveys when you do ask them for help. The rest of the time, we are on our own!

Please, Telstra, do something to get the email up and running again!!! It has been more than 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

How can any self-respecting telecommunications company have its WEBMAIL service be completely dysfunctional for weeks!  How can any company be so incompetent?  I have been unable to access webmail from Safari browser for weeks - it just hangs on loading. It has always been a woeful service - always slow -  always loading adverts before content - but this takes the level of incompetence to an all new level. Why I stick with them -- I have no idea.

Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Outage information found at https://outages.telstra.com.au/

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

"Under investigation. We're working to get service restored as early as possible."

This is an OK explanation for a few day, but not 6 WEEKS! Here is another useful Link - 

Phone 1800 062 058 | Fax 1800 630 614 | Web www.tio.com.au

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit