Barcrusher
Level 1: Cadet

what is the maximum number of folders that can be created in mail?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: what is the maximum number of folders that can be created in mail?

I don't know what the limit is for Folders in Telstra webmail - I have 5 additional folders set to 'pre-sort' email in one account and just the standard folders in the others..

My approach to Telstra email accounts is a safety first one, I use accounts in email clients (Outlook 365, GMail etc.) to access the emails in all the accounts and process/sort them into folders in the clients and keep the Telstra accounts as clean as possible. In the email clients I am then able to backup, sort and manage emails in a safer way than relying on the integrity of the Telstra email servers..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Barcrusher
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks both Steves' - there is a specific number I believe as I have reached it (when I synch mail using imap and I have created a new folder on my outlook mail, it can't be created on the mail server, so I get my folder only created on outlook with this in brackets next to it - "on this computer only").

SteveW_52

I just have a single folder for incoming mail from the Telstra/Bigpond account and set up a seperate (non imap) series of folders in Outlook and use rules to move incoming mail as required, or move the odd one manually..

I don't trust Telstra/Bigpond email to be stable or even remain in service (the servers crash, Telstra are no longer issuing email addresses to new users, some people can't add additional accounts, Telstra prefer you to use a no telstra email address for account communication etc. - all points towards Telstra exiting the email provider market..).

Having a seperate set of email folders allows me to backup, save, manage those emails seperately

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit