PP99
Level 1: Cadet

Why have my older bigpond emails disappeared on webmail and my iPhone?

Both my iPhone and Telstra Webmail are only displaying emails from the past month. When I go back to look at my inbox on my iPhone and on Webmail, only 1 or 2 emails are displaying for a particular day when I know I received 15-20 that day. Why are all my emails disappearing after a few weeks and why can’t I access them anymore? I use to be able to have a few thousand emails in my inbox on both my iPhone and Webmail that I could access. I understand old emails have to be deleted eventually (I.e. 2 years +) but I should be able to search for and access my emails from the past year at least.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Why have my older bigpond emails disappeared on webmail and my iPhone?

Check the settings on your iPhone and see if it is deleting the server copy of the emails (the settings could have changed with one of the iOS updates). The standard period of time for a mobile device to keep items synced is 14 days, so if your settings are wrong it may be deleting them if they are older than that.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit