dm4
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

New contract

Telstra have started again.

I hope we are not starting again. I have recontracted, new phone and data allowance. I continually get a warning that I have used my data. My phone indicates 2 GIG. My contract state 30 GIG.

IF YOU WISH, I WILL CALL THE OMBUDSMAN AS START ALL OVER AGAIN.
My contract is less than 72 hours old and I again walk into a quagmire. If this problem is not rectified within 24 hours... GAME ON.
Please do not say "I am sorry " if you were, stupid things like this would not occur.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: New contract

Unfortunately these forum pages are seldom responded to by stores so it is unlikely that the store will even see this post. But as it is a public page the staff that do monitor here are limited information they can provide and can’t help with account enquirys.

If you have had your order complete and received a text message to say your new allowance is 2GB instead of the expected 30GB your best bet is to call 132200 or chat and they will fix it for you in no time... otherwise you can take it to the ombudsmen sure, but it could take up to 15 days and if you don’t contact Telstra first you will often get bounced back to them to call them and give them a chance to resolve it first.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

dm4
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I would love to talk to someone that knows what is going om. But unfortunately Nothing I do or say , apart from going to the ombudsman, works. I have a new contract and a new phone. Was not on a contract and was charged $119 for two days. Also My data allowance is only 5 GIG, contracted for 30 GIG
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Give 132200 a call (or try livechat.telstra.com so that you can get a transcript). Find out what the system has recorded your contract as. If it is incorrect, you will need to visit the store to get it rectified. The online & phone consultants will not be able to do anything if the store has made a mistake.

You can also lodge a formal complaint with Telstra, but it will still probably require a visit to the store that you signed up at to get it rectified.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi dm4,

As @Jupiter mentioned above if you signed up in a store then I'd definitely recommend heading back to the store about this so they can sort it out. If you aren't happy with their response though we have an online form that you can use to lodge a formal complaint about this here:

http://tel.st/alpk5

That way we can get a case manager assigned to you to follow this through until it is resolved.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit