Ramkumar
Level 1: Cadet

Anyone Denied Bonus Points?

Answered

So here is what happened. I was looking to upgrade to 5G as I was awaiting my iPhone 12 preorder reach me. I noticed a promotion on Telstra page. Upgrade to a medium or above plans by 22/10/2020 and receive a bonus Telstra plus points of 45000 .

So I visited a Telstra store, confirmed with the agent that is right and checked if there are any other plans that can help me, but nothing really suited my need so based on his suggestion that go for medium plan, I get bonus points and in few months there may be some other plan that would be announced and go for it. Even though I may end up paying $6 additional for this plan the bonus points will tally the increase.

Taking his advice I decided to go for it and my plan was switched to medium on 18/10/2020 by the store agent. I waited for the first bill, the points didn’t get credited. So I reached out to Telstra support and been told it may take one or two billing cycle for the bonus to be credited. The second billing cycle happened but still no bonus points. I contacted the Telstra support again, this time they escalated it to Telstra plus team 

An agent sent an email asking for verification and when done replied some dates that didn’t really match the progress of the events. I remembered I took a screenshot of the promotion so I shared it to him and said based on this the promotion says “switch by 22/10 and get a 45000 bonus points 

I got a shocker reply that the promo says switch by 22/10 but you switched before 22/10 (18/10) and hence you are not eligible for the bonus points.

Does anyone else had been in similar situation? How to go forward and get my promised points? If it Is not credited I am actually been put to loss by Telstra where I am ending up paying $6 extra month on month... and it’s so annoying to see whenever I launch their app a message on the top we upgraded your plan to 5G with no additional cost where I have been put through increased cost and not been awarded the promotion bonus points as it stated.

Ram
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone Denied Bonus Points?

The online only promotions do mention it, but some of the Store consultants don't keep themselves abreast of the conditions of some of the promotions and just assume that they apply instore as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter

While the response by the Telstra online consultant was nonsensical, there may be a real explanation.

Quite a few of the promotions that Telstra does that get you bonus Telstra Plus points are for Online only orders. So if the Store Agent did the change for you, you wouldn't be eligible if that is the case.

We don't have access to information on promotions that aren't current, so we can't check that out for you.

You may need to lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints to get it checked out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ramkumar

Thanks for the reply. I will raise a formal complaint and see what comes as a response. 

if it was online only offer they should mention it and the store agent should know that as well and not ask me on to wait so he could switch the plan for me

but your direction helps I will raise a complaint hopefully they be meaningful in response and don’t put me to loss month on month...

Thank you

Ram
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The online only promotions do mention it, but some of the Store consultants don't keep themselves abreast of the conditions of some of the promotions and just assume that they apply instore as well.

View solution in original post

Ramkumar

Thank you Jupiter for the guidance. This issue is now resolved by the online team. Appreciate your guidance on the way forward.

Ram

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit