Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Binge issue

Answered

We accepted and activated the 12 month offer all was well for a few days but just got an email from binge saying sorry to see you go as though we had ended the subscription? 
now when trying to login to the app it asks me to subscribe and pay but on the Telstra Plus app it says I’ve redeemed the offer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Binge issue

So In the end it was all cleared up after I contacted Binge and they sent an apology email. 
I will note however that the first response I got from them was one of “too bad I guess you missed out since you didn’t update the details we (incorrectly) as you to. 

my advise would be contact their customer service to resolve! Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm also having the same issue. wonder if its just a bug?

Highlighted

I’ve also had the same issue 

Highlighted

I am having the same issue. 

Highlighted

I’m having the same problem! Said I was ineligible for the offer because I was already a subscriber. I only started my subscription because of the offer from Telstra. Now I can get back in without committing to pay. 

Highlighted

I also have this issue. I was kicked off the platform and when I log into the app, it’s asking me to pay now

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi all @Elise1 @Cyborgsanta @SandyPants001 @ToniJT @Gonzali

I to have a 12 month free at Binge. Just signed in and its still working.

I am wondering if you are all using the app via either your phone/tablet/Telstra tv.

As on pc it is still working for me.

Found this link that may have something that might help you.

It's interesting reading even if it doesn't help.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/548891?page=3#comment

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

Same issue.

Highlighted

Hi @Uhlco 

As posted above, Are you using the app or a pc?

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

Same issue - I just got an email this morning saying I had cancelled my account. When I log on via a PC it says im ineligible for the offer because I already have a streamotion account (Kayo)

When I look in my telstra account it says that my subscription is still valid

Start date: 01/07/2020
End date: 01/07/2021

Highlighted

Hi @ashd05 

I wonder if already having a kayo account is causing the problem/tech glitch.

as I don't have kayo and mine is still working, Have you tried contacting Binge?

https://help.binge.com.au/s/contactsupport

Rohan
Highlighted

@Rohan123 wrote:

Hi @ashd05 

I wonder if already having a kayo account is causing the problem/tech glitch.

as I don't have kayo and mine is still working, Have you tried contacting Binge?

Thanks for the link - Just contacted them through that I will let you know what happens 

Highlighted

Same issue and I noticed in the Binge set up it recognises my Kayo log in which is a Gmail addy , and this morning I got the “good bye” email stating I’m not eligible (never had BINGE and never signed fully to Kayo either but have my Gmail login)

I Don’t have to access to the bigpond addy the offer is linked too as well as Telstra never activated this email and I have tried to activate today but of course there is some technical issue preventing me from doing so (did try to call but 30min waiting queue I wasn’t willing to hold for) 

Highlighted

I can’t get in whether it’s the site or app. Got an email from their Support team ... they are investigating 😡

Highlighted

So just an update after back and forth with binge customer service 

I got an email asking me to update my payment details a few days ago on binge but when I logged in it had my Telstra account there with no issues (as it shouldn’t because I have an account) anyway I thought it was an error so I ignored it and continued using it 

they are saying because I didn’t update those details my subscription was cancelled and since you can only redeem it once I’m now no longer eligible ... 🙃

Highlighted

I got the update payment details email also. I promptly updated the details from Telstra account to credit card. Yet today I also had my subscription cancelled.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Every time I think Telstra has finally come up with a good deal they go and mess it all up in execution. I'm in the same boat now and have been kicked out of my apps from the TVs. Will have to raise a support ticket.

Highlighted

Same issue as described by all above!

log in with my Telstra details and wants me to pay, even though offer is active to January 2021 on my account

Highlighted

Yeah same issue with me. Signed up to the 12 months offer. Got an email a few days ago saying my payment was declined. Which is weird coz it’s 12 months free...there shouldn’t be a payment. All my Telstra details were in the Binge app so I ignored the email. And got an email last night saying my account was cancelled. Can’t reactivate the 12 months offer. Have contacted Telstra who were no help. Also contacted Binge who said they are investigating it. Very frustrating. Only got to use the service for a few days

Highlighted

i did the same , when i received the payment email i changed it straight away to card & they took the $1 to confirm

Highlighted

i am having the same issue, i updated payment details to card as requested but it was still cancelled.

Binge said they are investigating

Highlighted

Just as an FYI - I logged into my Binge account this morning and my 12 months has been reinstated. They haven't said anything to me - they just fixed it

Highlighted

I just got an email to say mines been fixed and they apologised for the error - it’s all working. 

luckily I didn’t just listen to their first response and queried it otherwise I probably would still be having issues. 

Highlighted

Logged back into mine today and is working. I haven’t updated my payment details don’t think you should until 12 months are up. Will see if they send me a email. 

Highlighted

Yeah mine is working again now with the 12 months offer and set to Telstra billing. And got an email from Binge apologizing for the error 

Highlighted

Same, signed up, not given a billing option, told to sign in to update details, and cant sign in on app, telstra tv box or webpage. Waiting for a responce

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

So In the end it was all cleared up after I contacted Binge and they sent an apology email. 
I will note however that the first response I got from them was one of “too bad I guess you missed out since you didn’t update the details we (incorrectly) as you to. 

my advise would be contact their customer service to resolve! Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This just happened to me and yeah I just got a response saying too bad I've lost the 9 months free subscription. Poor service. Poor offer.

Highlighted

Same 

Highlighted

Hi @Troyhatesbinge 

Did you try to contact Binge?

Rohan
Highlighted

I contacted them first and they were most unhelpful. After speaking with 4 consultants they said it's Telstra I should and omg Telstra has been even less helpful. I am up to 6th 'customer service' person and each one asks how they can help me in a 4 day old thread of messages explaining. Can't wait for my contract to end so I can leave Telstra. Very poor customer support

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi everyone, 

For any sign up issues for the Binge offer regarding Kayo subscriptions, it will require the same login details, as it will need the same account for both Kayo and Binge. Once confirmed it should provide a subscription button to take up the trial offer for Binge. 

If there has been an issue where the trial offer has cancelled and you haven't made any changes, our Messaging team via the My Telstra app can escalate to have this resolved.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I emailed Binge customer support and they resolved the issue pretty quickly and reinstated my full 12 months offer. I don’t think it’s a Telstra issue. It needs to be fixed by Binge

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit