JohnnyEnglish
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot send email from Bigpond

Hi Team,

I am unable to send messages but can receive messages.

I receive a bounce back saying my message is suspected as spam with OB703 in the bounce back.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Cannot send email from Bigpond

It might be particular to the email contents that you are trying to send.

Test your account’s sending functionality by sending yourself an email with a simple and innocuous subject suc as “test” and no body content.

If it successfully sends and receives then that indicates your original contents were the issue.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Sending an email with the subject "Test" with no content should actually get blocked as Spam by most email systems (Microsoft definitely blocks those messages, so does my hosted email).

I use "This email should transmit" as the subject (note the first letter of each word). 

In the body I put "This email should transmit. If it doesn't, there is a problem"

That should get through a spam filter easily.

@JohnnyEnglish if it still gets blocked, forward a copy of the bounce message, along with your contact details and when the problem started occurring to postmaster@bigpond.com

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

Thank you for your input @Jupiter  I will retain that email subject and contents.

Just for your information, I just sent myself a “test” email (as I previously described) from my Bigpond account, and it was received without being blocked.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit